The Official TFK Coffee Thread

You could put one of these in a coffee shop and it would last years and make quality coffee.
Those consumer kitchen appliance things can’t produce the pressure, deal with the heat or give the control necessary. You’re basically limited to what coffee beans you buy…that’ll be the extent of your input
Making a good shot of espresso isn’t difficult but you’ll always be making simple allowances to control the extraction…how fine the grind is, how fresh it it from when you open it to when you finish it, humidity etc…you want to be tamping the coffee yourself (pressing it down into the filter(
Depends what you’re into…if you want to press a button and quickly get something a bit inferior to what you buy in a filling station then buy the bean to cup yoke. But I know you’re better than that Harry.
A lever machine is also a good option

I’d say that’s perfect for your needs so.

I have a de longhi version of that and it’s the finest. Just needs descaling every few months is the only maintenance. Far cheaper coffee than buying nespresso Pods too

If the environment concerned you it’s probably better for the environment as well. You can use the coffee grinds as compost for flowers rather than dumping the pods

Nah… yours has a digital display.

The V6 will sell him on that.

He might as well hold off for the V8

1 Like

Coffee grounds are great feed for broccoli. Makes the soil acidic which broccoli loves.

4 Likes

She’s claiming her choice has more grind settings than yours :roll_eyes: she says it will be closer to what you get in a coffee shop.

Please tell me yours makes a cup as nice as a coffee shop.

Better than some of the local coffee shops.

There’s about 30 grind settings.

Once you have it set the way you like, it’s bean to cup in about 2 mins. Only thing that takes time is the milk.

Seems crazy money. Get a decent machine for 1/3of that price

A roaster from Tipperary debating the finer points of a 600 pound coffee machine

FG really have performed an economic miracle.

3 Likes

I refuse to give up on you halfwits

3 Likes

It’s the equivalent of sa shoeshine boy giving stock tips to rockefeller.

The blueshirts are crashing the economy

We’ll be drinking coffee made from acorns once SF take power.

1 Like

I have a code for 10% off from old barracks if you need it. Expires today.

1 Like

What kind of machine have you?

I don’t have one.
Just use a moka pot or a cafetiere

6 Likes

Solid choices. Streets ahead of these tacky fly-by-night plastic toys

2 Likes

Polish fella who comes to the local market of a friday uses one of these and the coffee is savage. He roasts his own stuff also.

These don’t require electricity* right?

*obviously you need something to heat the water

The ones I’m thinking of do have an electric boiler, though I spose you could have one where you added hot water.
The pavoni yokes run for a lifetime with a little servicing. They’re getting pricey though but a good used one would be less than half the price
A genuine design classic

1 Like

I just bought 500 Nespresso compatible pods from the fine coffee company.