The Official TFK Everton F.C. Supporters Thread

Kevin Radcliffe

3 Likes

It is indeed. Didn’t recognize him at all

1 Like

Is the lad back right Derek Mountfield? He was in a picture recently we didn’t know who hecwas.

2 Likes

They are holding a tight enough line there, very compact. Opposition forward has definitely strayed offside.

Minus the tash :+1:

1 Like

Where’s Sir Gary Lineker?

Really only two missing from the iconic side. You’d name them all nearly.

Southall
Van den Hauwe
Stevens
Bracewell

They’d just about complete it, John Bailey too maybe.

4 Likes

That wasn’t Mountfield in the other photo, it was Peter Reid’s brother.

1 Like

Is that utility player Alan Harper back left? You’d pick nearly all of them out fairly easily still.

2 Likes

Took me a minute to spot Wayne Rooney far right back row.

Kevin Richardson as well.

1 Like

Yes, that’s him. Quite fresh looking most of them to be fair.

Yeah, back left was the only one I didn’t get straight off. I was saying Alan Harper initially, but I think it is Kevin Richardson.

No, it’s definitely Harper.

1 Like

Richardson looks very different now to what he did in 1985.

I saw that title winning Everton team at White Hart Lane in April 1985. That was probably the night they really all wrapped up the League. Spurs were their closest challengers at that stage. Big Nev pulled off an incredible reflex stage from a Mark Falco header a few minutes from the end to hang on to a 1-2 win.

1 Like

Kevin Richardson came very close to winning the league with three different teams. He won it with Everton (1985) and Arsenal (1989) and was Aston Villa captain in the 1992/93 season.

Has anybody ever won the league with three different teams? I’m asking because I don’t know.

I can think of a few old timers who won it with two clubs like Charlie George, John McGovern, Larry Lloyd etc. But not three clubs.

1 Like

I don’t think any player has ever won the league in England with 3 different clubs. David Batty similar to Kevin Richardson fell just short of doing it a third time.

1 Like