The Official TFK Everton F.C. Supporters Thread

Duncan is a grand man to dig two performances out of a team as a caretaker. Beyond that, he’d be brutally exposed. He’s a raaaaaaaarrrrr man brought up in a tabloid, anti-intellectual culture like almost much every other UK footballer of his generation.

I recall Stuart Pearce taking over as caretaker manager of Nottingham Forest when Frank Clark was sacked with Forest bottom of the table. Forest beat Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal 2-1 and Pearce was acclaimed as a genius manager in waiting and he was given the job until the end of the season. Forest finished bottom. Pearce later stole a Lampardian style living as Manchester City manager.

Dyche has done a grand job with Everton up to now but circumstances look to be running away from his control. Everton probably need some unheard of German or Austrian guru who will energise them enough to stave off relegation until the relegation battle cycle starts again.

The battle has already started. I think they’re serious candidates to go down.

Definitely

Oh dear, that’s a terrible result today. 2-0 up in the 87th minute at home and end up losing. :face_with_peeking_eye:

Assume they are moving to the new stadium next season? Would be a fair downer to be trying to shifty season tickets and boxes for it in the championship

https://twitter.com/botnbp/status/1829916129252556954?t=ddxIZo9HVeiTSUcgRpoQJQ&s=19

I was watching it and they were cruising 2-0. I switched over to watch Forest v Wolves. Couldn’t believe the result.

1 Like