The Official TFK Farming Thread

Is it worth a gander? I was half thinking about watching a bit of it

If it was 'asy, any auld townie cunt would be at it.

8 Likes

Ah it is and especially that you have the time. 8 episodes. Pretty much Clarkson doing what he does best but on a farm. Kaleb is gas and you’ll be posting his new missus up on the Auld Birds thread.

1 Like

I presume theres plenty of laughs in it?

There are. When he goes to rewild part of the farm is very good.

1 Like
1 Like

The oul’ square bale isn’t fully extinct yet. Ease of transportation etc.,

14 Likes

Leaving a lot behind on the headland?

1 Like

Goats have to graze somewhere. There wouldn’t be a bale in what’s standing.

1 Like

Miko is burnt alive in the tractor.

Getting a very bad return from this amazon low price Chinese incubator
6 from 12. I’ll be needing an oul grant for a new one I think

2 Likes

You needed to have gone with “an owl grant” there sport. Like withheld thus far.
You’ll have heard the term “it’s the day you buy your calf that you sell your bullock”….Chape shite is useless.

1 Like

Very true @anon67715551 . Tbh there wasn’t a suitable brinslea incubator anywhere to be found, other than massive yokes…can I have my like now?

We’d nearly always have done square bales. Handiest things for firing out

1 Like

Square bales done this year too but they were for the cousin. We won’t need them here no more.

One of the Cahoons informed me that the oul lad was the tightest man he ever worked with…on the grounds that my da had the bales stacked and was into the next field before the baler.
(No wonder I had county and provincial club medals won at a mere fifteen years of age)

1 Like

You need a strong weather forecast to go all-in with square bales. Labour intensive but shocking handy thereafter in terms of handling and transporting.

An old stager was at the gap for a while and we had a chat.
What price is “hairy ned” these times he asks……It’s a lifetime since I heard baler twine or hay rope referred to as it.

Good quality hay has an absolutely amazing aroma….

5 Likes

Some of the best summers I had were saving thousands of square bales of Hay. Good times, simpler times.

5 Likes

Fucking hell. Should be in a museum.

Knots down and out