The Official TFK Farming Thread

It’s nature’s way of releasing co2 into the atmosphere, creating new growth and improving soil. You’d be badly stuck without it

Humanity doesn’t get it

1 Like

Out with old in with the new.

4 Likes

Pay us to burn hills

We’ll take a larger payment not to burn them if you wish.

6 Likes

Fair bit of mention in comments about racial tensions playing significant role which comes as a surprise

A great man to complain by the looks of it.

but but but protein shakes for qatar

Yes, we can’t live without peppers :scream:

yes, correct, we cant live without fruit & vegetables yet de oirish farmer main produce now is protein shakes for export

a failed industry of freelaoders

There are more indigeonously suitable fruit & veg, of which there are plenty but you wouldn’t understand.

Ireland imported 75,000 tonnes of potatoes in 2020, with a value of €35 million. We also imported 38,500 tonnes of onions (€23 million), 25,000 tonnes of tomatoes (€46 million), 25,000 tonnes of cabbage (€26 million) and 20,000 tonnes of carrots (€12 million) in 2020.

66,000 tonnes of apples imported in 2020.

In 2017, for example, we imported 7kg of carrots, 10kg onions and 13kg of apples for every person in the country. We also imported staggering quantities of vegetables that were once considered our national vegetables – 72,000 tonnes of potatoes and 23,000 tonnes of cabbage in one year.

The sad fact is that most veg farmers in Ireland were getting paid such a small margin for their produce that they fucked off out of it. This was driven by retailers having complete control of the market and used vegetables, milk and meat as loss leaders to get fools like you in, buying a bag of carrots for a euro but paying five quid for a can of lynx.

9 Likes

It’s hard get a nice apple anywhere these days. Marks and Spencer used to have nice ones.

I’d like a nice Apple

plant a tree bro

We used to have an orchard with lovely apples in the family but @Fagan_ODowd nicked em all.

I have lovely little apple trees, fig trees, damsons, plum, gooseberries, rhubarb, blackcurrants, hazel, redcurrant and raspberry. Very easy to grow. I grow the tomatoes and peppers indoors and whatever veg I fancy outdoor. Currently I have a nice crop of broccoli with cauliflower on the way.

6 Likes

Lord Dumore, how are you

1 Like