The Official TFK Father's Issues Thread. I don't know how they do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOxEx_RjuR8

2 Likes

None of that ever happened.

2 Likes

I’d all be for giving him a clip when the red mist descends. I could lie and say I resist because I don’t want to be that kind of parent but the truth is it’s because my Mrs is an aggressive nordie and would batter the shite out of me if I did.

It all happened mate. Sure it was the late 80s/90s and I was an awful scut. What did you expect my parents to do? Talk to me about the reasons for me being a bold young fella?

1 Like

sure we got clips too. the auld lad never tooled up though :smiley:

Ah, that was the only time he tooled up. I tell you if we went hiding shoes, we’d be going to school with plastic bags on our feet or in wellies or football boots. There weren’t spare pairs of shoes knocking about

Real Angela Ashes stuff

4 Likes

the school tie was the big one in our house.

there used to be some commotion trying to get the school tie, found and on and out the door. Used to be like a Royal Rumble now I think back in the mornings

1 Like

Could be. I grew up in a house with no heat bar the range in the kitchen and the fireplace in the sitting room and I never get a cold. You wouldn’t hear me blowing about it though.

1 Like

an awful lot of lads here were bate by their mothers and fathers when they were kids. funny enough you cant bate your child now. it was ok then and did you no harm and there was nearly something wrong with you if you didnt get a good bating, now the child can be taken off of you if you look sideways at little Luke.
it actually reminds me of how you could drink a good sup of porter and drive the car home one time but now you are a social pariah if you drive with 2 pints inside of you. Its gas.

That’s the way it’s gone these days.

The correlation between happy, content and gracious posters and those that say a good hammering at the hands of an adult never did them any harm is clear for all to see.

Why would you be blowing if you never got a runny nose? Silly billy.

I was hoping you’d pick up on that.

I dont know how you did it

As a counter to all the bile being spouted in the last few days about giraffes with big serves and GGA championship attendances and venues, I’m officially signing in here.

A wonderful blessing, I’m floating on a cloud of love right now.

54 Likes

Congrats! Enjoy the nursery painting!

Who’s the real father ?

Now your crazy talk about moving out from above the GCD knocking shop makes sense. Congrats old bean!

What.The.Fuck???
Congrats on this,
How many likes? I predict 60