The Official TFK Father's Issues Thread. I don't know how they do it

The kind of lad that would not have his holidays dictated to him by two spinsters? Or have his 8 year old make him buy her a new iphone?

3 Likes

Hereā€™s a like. Four more and you are one post closer to the club.

2 Likes

Iā€™d be surprised if we cross referenced these admired posters with the ā€˜most likesā€™ given to and received by if the same names werenā€™t repeated over and over,

No buddy. Because of my position I take my annual leave when I like. That row about the leave was about getting a fair deal for the junior staff. It worked and I have made some nasty enemies after it.
Re my daughter and her phone. I presumed you of all people would understand about the importance of doing what a woman tells you to do.

Very long winded reply there ā€”like most forumites, youā€™re dancing to the beat of an Admired poster.

4 Likes

Wouldnā€™t ye all be better off doing stuff with yer children on this lovely sunny day as opposed to counting ā€œlikesā€? Or else, stay here and show off about how ye are above adequate fathers or regale us with mildly amusing anecdotes about yer childer

Well Iā€™m here on a day off ( union business) and having a roaring fight with my eldest daughter and Iā€™m sorry I took the cunting day off at all.
So fuck that shit. Sometimes the less time you spend with your kids the better.

Do the analysis and enlighten us.

Iā€™ve just returned from a week in a camper van with them, six of us sleeping in an area about the size of a standard box room, Iā€™m working in the garden today while they mill about annoying me, what does @caulifloweredneanderthal expect from us top top fathers?

Your most liked posters here

Thatā€™s a fair old clique alright. Most of them on the wane too.

1 Like

Any chance I can borrow your lawnmower kid?

Some top posters in that list in all fairness

1 Like

My eldest one is really really trying my patience at the moment, sheā€™s nice as pie when she gets her own way and can be great. However when she wants something and canā€™t have it she turns into a sullen sulky little bitch.
Iā€™ll teach her though.

1 Like

Extend an olive branch @Brimmer_Bradley

Youā€™re a good man and a good father and Iā€™m sure you could rescue the day yet. It wonā€™t be long before sheā€™s fled the nest and youā€™ll be longing for those days when ye were roaring and shouting at each other

1 Like

I will in me hoop. Thatā€™s like something her mother would say.
Sheā€™ll learn not to cross me, itā€™ll be a life lesson in picking the battles you can win and waking away from the ones youā€™ll lose.

1 Like

Thatā€™s lovely mate, reminds me of the poem Subh Milis
Or this little yoke that we got from the kids Montessori school

8 Likes

As I said, youā€™re a good man. Sheā€™s probably a chip off the old block and the two of ye are probably quite stubborn. donā€™t let it fester pal

Thatā€™s actually what my wife always tells me, that both of us HAVE to have the last word so itā€™s a recipe for disaster really.

She didnā€™t lick it off the ground Brimmer!