The Official TFK Father's Issues Thread. I don't know how they do it

Ah I know he will (hopefully). Would just like to know whats causing it all. Am sure heā€™s allergic to something that hasnā€™t shown up yet

Possibly celiac, ask about it.

The mad one in the middle, we have one of those

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that and hope the young lad gets the treatment he needs. But wex general is a fucking shambles, they missed the second clot which caused the 2nd stroke which killed my mother and misdiagnosed my fatherā€™s lung cancer which led to delays in treatment and that was vital. Iā€™d raze the place.

2 Likes

jesus thats awful shite @Macā€¦what kind of cunts are you dealing with thereā€¦id go else where lad if i was you!

Hope itā€™s all ok @Mac

Through everything weā€™ve been through with Croppy Junior Iā€™ve noticed that the HSE Staff are completely unwilling to commit to anything. I presume this is due to the compensation culture thatā€™s gone through the roof in this country in the last 10-15 years.

If they donā€™t recommend anything then they canā€™t be held to account.

Best wishes @Mac

My lad was born in Wexford General. Biggest baby in the place at the time. Or so I was told. Was probably a fib.

1 Like

not sure who you had, but when we had our issues over the allergy stuff as well, we first were in around early May. loads of tests, sent home, and ended up back there a week or so later. Loads more tests, told the results would take a long time. At that point we then changed the milk as you may recall. We ended up getting scans done in Crumlin too during the summer for what we were told was likely an intestinal problem. After a few phone calls over a few months, I eventually got a meeting with the doctor overseeing it all. This was about October. She casually just said ā€œoh yeah, heā€™s lactose intolerant, did you not get the results? We were supposed to send them out.ā€ Their lack of follow up and actually checking things is unreal.

Donā€™t be sending the Pretend RA lads to a real RA pub - theyā€™ll shit themselves

The midwives and nurses are amongst the nicest people Iā€™ve ever dealt with anywhere. Theyā€™re just let down by a bunch of consultants who are doing something that they have to do rather than want to do.

Iā€™ve a good friend who is a GP who would validate this. Theyā€™re petrified to say anything with any certainty.

I remember that well. Had something similar recently with our eldest where our GP was asking us about how his Asthma was coming along. We looked dumbfounded at each other wondering what she was talking about. Apparently at some check up with a PHN, or an out of hours doctor someone decided he was asthmatic but didnā€™t tell us and put a note on the file that went to his GP. Heā€™s now on a 3 month test of some sort to find out if heā€™s asthmatic or not.

Medicine just seems to be turning into an individuals opinion. And the more opinions you solicit the more tied up in knots you end up being. And if someone comes out with an off the wall opinion, it canā€™t be dismissed on the grounds that if the suggestion is ignored that the person who ignores it could be held to account if it turns out to be correct.

There were no injections when me. @Fagan_ODowd and @anon67715551 were growing up and we turned out grand.

Youā€™re right. They have yet to invent a vaccine for ould codgery.

And what resulted?
Tribunal after tribunal.

1 Like

How were the vaccinations against polio (for example) administered back in the day?
I recall a conversation years ago whereby people of a few years younger than I had the dimples left from the needles and people my age didnā€™t? I very nearly died from the measles as a baby

I have a big dent in my upper arm from some injection alright.

3 Likes

We had the BCG in the eastern half of the island.

I have two big midge bite type things on my shoulder still. She also grabbed my nuts at the same appointment.

Ah lovely, I did not make this list

I remember being treated for scabies on a Saturday evening after the weekly bath and pained head to toe with some white substance and then standing in front of fire til it dried.

2 Likes

That stuff was fucking toxic, I can still remember the smell of it. It would give you some pain in the top of your knob for about an hour after application