The Official TFK list of Soup Takers

Croke Park
Ravenhill
Dalymount Park
Tolka Park
St Pats Ground in Inchicore
Carlisle Grounds in Bray

And that’s just off the top of my head

You’re going to need to flesh out that point a little bit other than naming a few stadiums located in some not nice areas.

Musgrave Park

Are these examples of nice or not nice areas?

1 Like

Very few stadiums with a decent capacity are located in nice areas. Good neighbourhoods tend not to be supportive of the development of a large concrete structure that is likely to lead to traffic congestion and parking issues every week. Some of the stadiums listed above are in decent areas but events there are so poorly attended they would lead to no greater parking issues than your average Saturday vigil mass.

Suncorp

Ravenhill is in a very well to do residential area Id have thought

Grand area

Murrayfield
Twickenham
Numerous US stadiums

We are talking about “shithole” areas. There is a world of difference from a Celtic Park, Stade de France or Thomond Park and some US example like Cowboys Stadium, which is located in a grand spot but outside of Dallas. Mac asserted that most stadiums are in shitholes, he doesn’t have a clue.

Lords is in a beautiful area. The Oval isn’t

@Mac needs to explain this.

Poor Mac.

Classic deflection from @Mac which has worked to a tee here

I don’t follow.

Myself and TSG are in full agreement on Celtic Park.

As am I

It’s Glasgow in fairness. Having a stadium in a nice area isn’t really realistic

3 Likes

The rubby lads are going to get some shock when they go for pints in the pubs beside the ground.

They’ve all seen Trainspotting

Mick Neville Park is located in a wealthy area.

The Gaelic Grounds is in a good area

Fergal Sharkey.