The Official TFK list of Soup Takers

[QUOTE=“North County Corncrake, post: 951514, member: 80”]Irelands most popular leader?

The man that has the respect of SF supporters in both juristictions?

The man the free state media fear more than anyone else?

Really?[/QUOTE]

Being purely pragmatic about it, I don’t see the traditional parties doing a deal with him. And I don’t see a majority of the ‘left’.

SF wont want a deal, of thats Im sure

If FF and FG get forced into a coalition the next time, then you could see a proper left/right split. It will only have taken a hundred years.

Which is a lot less time than it took in most other countries.

The US doesn’t even have that yet.

I think PR means you never will see that proper split - centre is where you need to be for transfers

FF have historically always moved left/right of centre to whatever is popular and done well from that electorally

SF leading a government would be interesting as to what they might do and how it would be paid for
long term sf will end up slightly left version of ff - very well organised and able to mobilise a vote

Niall Horan.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 951558, member: 2272”]I think PR means you never will see that proper split - centre is where you need to be for transfers

FF have historically always moved left/right of centre to whatever is popular and done well from that electorally

SF leading a government would be interesting as to what they might do and how it would be paid for
long term sf will end up slightly left version of ff - very well organised and able to mobilise a vote[/QUOTE]

Unless FF also move slightly more left to compensate for this.

In PR-STV it normally plays out that you have two bigger parties with a number of smaller parties taking turns to make up the coalition numbers required for a majority.

I often wondered would we be better with a first past the post local representative in the Dáil - which would account for 40 TDs and allow the remainder (not 166, a revised smaller number) made up by PR List system whereby partys are entitled to a certain number of TDs based on the percentage of the vote that they gained and these seats are allocated from a pre-election ranking.

My conclusion was ‘yes’.

@Appendage

Sir Daniel Day Lewis

Born and raised in London Town. He can’t be a soup taker for taking a knighthood if he is English unless he was anti-monarchy.

Also a prod.

British man Daniel Day Lewis is entitled to as much soup as he likes

Incorrect, he’s a hooknose jewboy

Dual british and Oirish citizenship.

Gerry Adams?

Point of fact - you can’t be a British citizen. Nobody is. They are British subjects.

Monarchy innit.

Practically a Stradbally man, are you sure you want to claim him?

Paddy Barnes.

Deputy Paidi Coffey Fine Gael. Also a man without a notion of history, failing to comprehend that his party are descended from the Sinn Fein he decries in this article. [ATTACH=full]1418[/ATTACH]

John Bruton!! - What an absolute mong- Has he ever heard of the I.R.B,the fenians, United Irishmen, the long list of violent agrarian banditti and their revolts! 19th century Ireland was a vacum of violence and ideology…Not to mention ww1, British propaganda and the threat of conscription! What an utter cunt bag… A bad few days for @Young Ned of the Hill

The Easter Rising damaged the Irish psyche and made people more pro-violence, former Irish leader John Bruton has said.

He was speaking in London at a conference on the 1914 Home Rule Act passed by the British houses of parliament but never enacted.

People must consider the damage to the Irish psyche, Bruton said of the Easter Rising.

“If there hadn’t been the introduction of violence into nationalism in that demonstrably dramatic fashion then there wouldn’t have been a Civil War,” Bruton said.

He also slammed Irish Republican hero Patrick Pearse, saying his bent towards violence had later been used to justify the Provisional Irish Republican Army (IRA).

“I read what Pearse had said about violence, he praised the Ulster Volunteers (armed loyalists)…saying this was a great day that they were armed. He couldn’t have been more wrong,” Bruton said.

The event was originally meant to be held at the House of Commons Speaker’s residence, but John Bercow refused to allow Sinn Fein saying they had refused to take their seats in the House of Commons.

It was held at the Irish Embassy instead…