The official TFK solar panel thread

Ive 24 panels sitting idly on an unfinished roof

New record today

1 Like

New record here too, 47.17 kWh

1 Like

Hup

2 Likes

47.6kw today. Wasnt at home for a good chunk either so exported 39.7 of that. Got 2kw into the car after a trip to the shops. Savage going will pay for a few days in the winter

1 Like

Iā€™m looking at getting solar panels installed.
Going to go for a ground mounted system.
Got 1 quote so far for a 6.88 kW system for 11k after Grant, no batteries. Glass on glass panels with a 30 year warranty.

Thereā€™s a lot of suppliers out there. Can anyone recommend any grant eligible installers to try in the mid West region.

Is the 11k including ground works?

I doubt itā€¦

The slab for 22 panels will roughly be 12.5m by 2.5m and a thickness of 150mm. (5.5m3 of concrete).

• Concrete ā‚¬700
  • Mesh ā‚¬90
  • Stone/Foundation - ā‚¬240
  • Digger/Labour - ā‚¬500
  • Stakes and Fencing to stock proof- ā‚¬250

Rough total = ā‚¬1600

1 Like

I have batteries included in my quote but the maths dont stack up for me on the value of them so I am dropping them and can retrofit afterwards if requried.

Whats the difference in the two prices?

Some ground instals that I have seen are with ground screws.

Yerra one and plenty below and a good skim on top.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™ve seen that too. Concrete is a long term job, no weeds growing up through the PV footprint.

1 Like

No, itā€™s not and he was going to charge extra to augur the panels in without ground works.

I would be doing groundworks myself.

Had a chat with another guy who called to the house today, he is coming in around 8 something for a bigger 7kW setup and is going to provide a full quote for me. He is going to augur the panels in position with no groundworks. He has also done a few jobs around, so I will be able get some feedback on him.

Any difference between longi and trĆ­na Solar panels?

I donā€™t think batteries make sense at the current time with the high export price at the moment unless you have an ev.

Im thinking of leaving the system battery ready and install a battery if the export price drops or goes in a few years. Iā€™m sure battery technology will advance every year so you would have a better battery options in the future and put the battery money now into more solar panels

3 Likes

11k after grant seems a bit high, how many panels. If im right thats 13.4k before the grant.

Just fyi informationā€¦youl have to pay the VAT on the battery if you donā€™t buy it as part of initial instal

1 Like

informative post

1 Like

Youā€™d be able to write that off through farm regardless :wink:

60% TAMS grant for the whole lot sure :wink:

1 Like

Excited Season 5 GIF by The Office

1 Like