Anyone get these installed

views?

You cant see through them

2 Likes

Air to water system off a renewable energy supplier is a better job

1 Like

microregeneration trumps that but keep it on topic mate

1 Like

I asked an expert working in the area for a multinational this recently. This was the reply:

Put in underfloor heating, an air to water heatpump, a 6kW solar array and an 8.2kWh battery.

You’d be close to free of energy bills forever. You’d have a small amount to pay in the winter months. Pair it with an electric car of course to make most of the solar and battery.

3 Likes

Nigh oon impossible to retrofit underfloor heating without breaking the bank I’d say?

2 Likes

@artfoley is way ahead of the game here. He’s had a solar panel for years.

3 Likes

Are you not in the process of getting one for yourself?

I’ve a solar panel AND the finest insulation you’ll see this side of Killester.

3 Likes

In fairness insulation is required if you’re swimming in the Irish sea!

9 years in the house with 6in cavity pumped and solar panels. Never since we moved in has the emersion been turned on

7 Likes

Solar water heater? I’d say the lads are looking into photovoltaic panels.

Oh right, ya mines for the water and two over flow rads in the attic

The greens will surely give us a grant

Do solar panels require much maintenance?

Some houses around me have them - water heater ones but my Neighbour says he has had to get his repaired quite a few times

Interesting. How much would you be talking cost wise? 15k?

I think they need to be serviced at least every two years and gas changed. Friend who built a house 2 years ago had the pump fail already. Only a few hundred quid but still.

2 Likes

You’d need a fairly big roof for this though? Would it be worthwhile installing on your average suburban semi-d?

Mysolar.ie

My question was more of a longer term view early in the process of thinking about a new build in somewhat of a rural location. I haven’t had to put too much thought into the logistics of it yet. It was more what is the optimal solution and shoot for that. And retrofitting isn’t on my radar.