The Oirish Army

Is your wife a librarian?

Iā€™ve never seen a man get so worked up over Librarians

[QUOTE=ā€œChocolateMice, post: 1118736, member: 168ā€]Look at all these ra stoolers out in their celtic tops and trackie bottomsā€¦

Hereā€™s a link to see plenty of more.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0406/692316-dublin/[/QUOTE]
Whereā€™s Irish Walter?
It would have been interesting to see what the crowd was like if it had been tipping down. I agree with nearly everything you say @ChocolateMice , but I suspect that for a lot of people the whole thing will be treated like a glorified pageant.

I just thought he needed to be brought to book.

Iā€™m a librarian and so is my wife.

Have you seen the fuckheads we elect? Thank Christ the librarians are there to save our blushes.

[QUOTE=ā€œEbeneezer Goode, post: 1118645, member: 1785ā€]The FCA made a holy show of themselves today dressed up in their military attire with real 303ā€™s given to them by the Orish Army in front of President Higgins. What are they reenacting?

In every country there are reenactments, be it british soldiers about ww1/2, the French Revolution, the American Civil War.

Why is this the only country that is afraid to praise the men who, whether John Bruton likes it or not, changed things forever?

They didnā€™t win freedom then, but they won the hearts and minds. That deed, the sacrifice, those deaths, it turned a nation to strive for independence and for part of this island it has been realisedā€¦but not for all.

Unfinished business and those who dressed up to reenact on this date and those who attended many events around the island today think, tactics may have changed but the goal will always be the same, the proclamation, an Irish Republic.

Read the proclamation, read it and be proud. TAL.[/QUOTE]
This is complete horseshit. You can criticise John Brutonā€™s opinion all you want but the fact that in the wake of his having some criticism of it, that every armchair Republican (ie half the clowns in this country) were up in arms for daring to question those Angels, shows that is complete horseshit. This country is brainwashed over 1916. The amount of discussion of 1916 which is any way intelligent or enlightened in this country is in single digits. It is as bad as Americans telling every European weā€™d be speaking German if it wasnā€™t for them.

But we would, mate.

We might be speaking Russian @Bandage.

Brain washed how? If anything itā€™s the self-hating Irish like you that are brain washed and shamed into hating your own people and your own history.

You mean WT Cosgrave, Eamonn DeValera and Sean Lemass who led this country for 38 of its first 44 years of existence?

Yup, pen pushers, conservatives and seekers of their place in the sunā€¦Oligarchs one and all.

Did you ever do much research on Lemass? A man I know little of and really would like to read up on.

I sure did-
A lickspittle. The End.

Killed his own brother.

Slit his throat with a library card apparently.

He did in his hole. He was killed by the father of a would be eminent historian.

Parasites

this thread has brought out the fifth columnists alright:
bad winner
tim riggins
upleitrim

vile quislings the lot of you

[QUOTE=ā€œThe Selfish Giant, post: 1119320, member: 80ā€]this thread has brought out the fifth columnists alright:
bad winner
tim riggins
upleitrim

vile quislings the lot of you[/QUOTE]
Well we gots the interweb now so why do we need libraries