The Olympics

The finish of this is riveting. I should have gone to bed 20 minutes ago. But I need to see this to the end.

1 Like

Congratulations @balbec and @balbec73_75.

1 Like

Leona Maguire 2 under after 2 holes and 6 under overall, has an outside chance of a medal if she keeps up her form.

Jesus that Tur lad must be sickened something awful.

Jerry Kiernan-esque performance by Boycie. He takes 10th.

No track action in the wee hours tonight. We’re properly down to the fag end of these Games now.

Natalia Coyle up shortly in the winner stays on fencing bonus round.

They go in reverse order of ranking, which I assume is to give the lower ranked people a chance to make up more points, with the higher ranked people getting less of an opportunity.

Picked up 1 bonus point

Is it a sport or a video game

Shit like this devalues the games as a whole

As predicted - she’s in joint fourth after the swimming. If she can hold onto that position through the riding then she’s got a great shot at a medal

1 Like

Jesus the Cuban heavyweight battered the Russian lad in the final. Utterly outclassed him.

1 Like

All the swimming heats in the Olympics are grouped by time / ability to try and keep the field close together. It’s why Mona Maguire won her heat but still didn’t qualify.

Different gravy altogether and he moved up from light-heavy after winning the gold for that in Rio.

I could be wrong, but they just said some bird got 24 faults at a fence. She must have gotten down and took a shit on it.

2 Likes

Some Unbeki bird is about to cry here. She’s made solid shite out of Natalya’s horse. Not sure why Natalya cant afford her own horse, but there you go

Natalia’s horse looks like it could be a bit of a pig.

This pentathlon event is the perfect way to be an Olympian. There’s no jeopardy, there’s no training for five years to get eliminated after a dodgy false start. It’s like a transition year adventure weekend away, you get to do all manner of sports, and all of the competitors are shit at all of them.

1 Like

Apparently the rider was a little bit too busy with the hands there. Thats the horsey set for you.

Like letting the wife drive the car.