The Olympics

Scathing analysis of the German lady’s horse in the RTE studio.

“That behaviour, it’s not good enough”.

“There was a little bit of badness in him”.

It’s a bit ridiculous that the whole thing effectively comes down to a lottery depending on what horse you’re given.

Like if the top 100 metre runners had a lottery for shoes and Bolt was allocated a pair of high heels.

5 Likes

They’ll have to take the horses out of it altogether for the next Olympics and just have the athletes running around jumping the fences. I think it could be just as entertaining.

6 Likes

The type of person you want in the showjumping part of the modern pentathlon is a social worker who has worked with young arsonists.

A bit ironic that the horse jumping event is then followed by the shooting and running event

1 Like

Her fiancé in studio is a strange call by RTÉ

Poor Annika Schleu must have felt like a Eurovision singer who was leading comfortably after the jury portion of the voting and then received 0 points from the public.

A bit like Fionán Sheahan analysing Dublin Bay North 2016.

You need to be zen for this laser run. Sounds like an event that lads on here could dominate.

A bit of a nothing day, dominated by wrestling and karate. Men’s 4x4 and 4x1 relays coming up later to close out on a high.

The women’s hockey final is currently in progress. Holland are predictably winning it over my beloved Argentina.

3-1 with 10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

Men’s 5000m, women’s 400m and Sifan Hassan looking to get the 2nd of her triple in the 1500m as well

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll be switching over from the rugby league shortly. Adam Reynolds is about to become the Rabbitoh’s all time leading points scorer. Massive.

2 Likes

It’s not looking like a good day for the Irish on horses. I think two Irish horses in the team show-jumping have been eliminated meaning its over for Team Ireland.

Another delinquent horse, another equestrian disaster for Ireland.

Ireland have withdrawn from the men’s team final after Shane Sweetnam’s grey horse “Alejandro” knocked over half the course and unseated his rider.

Good. It’s not the animal Olympics so who gives a fuck if we get a medal in horsey shite?

1 Like

It’s relay time!

We’ll never be in a position to be turning down medals mate no matter what the sport