The Olympics

4 - 1 Egan after 2nd round

Eight one up now. Think the scoring has been a bit harsh of Jefferies from my uneducated view.

8-1 up coming to the end of the 3rd, see it out!!

Take that you English cunt.

Well done Ken/Kenneth/Kenny.

Boxed very well. In total control the whole time. Well done young fella.

Maybe you were there…hmmmmm

Great stuff by Kenny, great win. Very harsh words there Bandage, Jeffries seemed very generous in defeat.

Bit like the reverse of the Barnes fight. I’d agree with Larry that Jeffries was a bit hard done by on the scoring but Egan controlled much of the contest and looked in control throughout. He’s a real classy amateur. Would have been a big blow to have nobody fighting on Sunday. Well done Kenny.

Ah balls, he may as well not have bothered.

The fight is at 06:50 on Sunday morning.

[quote=“The Runt”]
The fight is at 06:50 on Sunday morning.[/quote]

Ah jaysus…

I’ve nothing against Jeffries at all mbb, I just thought one of our lads beating him presented an ideal opportunity to launch in with an over the top anti-England remark. What’s Egan up against in the final?

Don’t think the other semi-final has been on yet Bandage. It’s probably on now for anyone with a tv.

Other semi is between a Chinese and Kazakh fighter. Delayed coverage on RTE.

Fair nuff, nothing wrong with a good ol anti English rant at times.

The Chinese lad won his fights 3-1, 8-2 and 12-7

The Kazakh won his fights 11-3, 9-3 and then he stopped his opponent in the quarter final.

Actually, his opponent was disqualified for biting in the last match.

Saw that incidient, crazy shit.

That Kazakh lad beat the Chinese fella last year and beat Jeffries 20-9. Both fights were in the World Championships.

Looks like the Chinese guy won though.

Bolt grabs third gold and record

Bolt ruled the sprints in Beijing as he collected a third gold
Usain Bolt captured a third gold medal and a third world record after Jamaica claimed the men’s 4x100m relay gold.

The quartet smashed the previous world mark of 37.40 seconds set by the United States at the 1992 Olympics to set a massive new benchmark of 37.10.

Nesta Carter ran a strong first leg before passing the baton to Michael Frater, who handed on to Bolt before Asafa Powell brought it home.

Trinidad and Tobago took silver with Japan coming home for bronze

[quote=“The Runt”]Ah balls, he may as well not have bothered.

The fight is at 06:50 on Sunday morning.[/quote]

RTE are saying 8.50am Irish time on Sunday

watching the hockey on rte and the commentator is about to explode…can’t wait for a goal…frank you legend…