The Olympics

Correct. He went to university in Tennessee and has resided there since his college days. He has one of the biggest track and field agency/sports management companies out there.

The Netherlands women’s coxless pairs were cruising to gold there earlier when they caught a crab twice in the last 50 metres and were bloody lucky to get a bronze. The technique went in the heat of the moment.

1 Like

Correct. And apparently they used to all flock back there for a festival in August I think every year and the poor place couldn’t take that many people.

Technically possible though highly unlikely that it could be John Treacy who ran a few middle distance races in the mid 80s.

Rowing has to be one of the toughest sports going ? Do you not need to be of a certain build too ?

Before London 2012 Team GB set out over ten years to find those kids through trials and testing to see who’d be suitable for various sports

1 Like

Great ladies handball match here on Eurosport between France and Sweden. France keep getting players sin binned and their goalie wouldn’t stop laughing. Sweden have a great keeper called Ryde and are more disciplined

2 Likes

The best of the lot of them too.

Kenya or Kilkenny - it’s about a culture of excellence and being mentored and trained within that does wonders

Gerry O’Reillly came later I think.

I’d say story is muddled and it was

Ray Flynn Marcus O’Sullivan Frank O’Mara and the Chairman of the Boards who famously broke the 4x1 mile record in 1985

I can tell you 100% that the story is completely muddled. My recollection is it was 2 Cark 1 limerick. O’Mara, O’Carroll and ?. ? was the less famous one

1 Like

28-28 Ryde saves a penalty with the last play of the match.

Is this a euphemism? I haven’t watched enough rowing this week

Like a Mediterranean Rathkeale

Championship moments

It’s when an oar skims or misses the water

2 Likes

Or goes too deep.

Aye that too. Inexcusable really. Yer wan in the front seemed to be particularly seething.

I’d often take a boat out on the artificial lake in Tramore. Sometimes a pedal boat.

1 Like

It was very definitely the other lady caught the crabs.

1 Like

She didn’t hide her disdain. I guess you couldn’t initially at least. The Italians reaction was lovely. Sometimes you’re the bug and sometimes you’re the windshield.

1 Like