The Open 2015

Zach Johnson following in @thedancingbaby’s footsteps by getting interviewed by Rishi Persad after conquering britain

4 Likes

Was probably funnier the first hundred times he used it.

It’s the way he tells 'em.

Class is permanent.

What was funny was when you could hear Allis off mic on the 17th green saying to your man Andrew Cotter: “You’d better say something. I’m trying to get you in son.”

Andrew Cotter is a terribly bland broadcaster.

I wonder what the odds are on Johnson being caught snorting cocaine off a hooker’s tits?

A most poignant moment when the 84 Berlin native announced today that this would be the last Open he would call as a broadcaster at St Andrews.

Zachary or Dustin?

Option no 2 would be extremely short odds wise.

2 Likes

On the night of the doyen of golf commentary’s final contribution at the Old Course, I think it’s an oppurtune moment to repeat the late John Fitzgerald Kennedy’s immortal line: “Ich bin ein Berliner.” Wir sind alle Berliners* when we listen to Peter Alliss.

I can only hope that a similar photograph of the maestro to the one recently circulated of Princess Elizabeth and Princess Margaret giving Nazi salutes in 1937 doesn’t emerge. And I’m certain it won’t.

*Not a reference to doughnuts.

I see BBC felt the need to apologise for this one today. I’d have been okay with that if the apology was just in respect of the poor quality of the joke, but apparently some people may have been offended by it.