The Open

You mean Larrybluff

Larrybluff must have the life of riley.

When he’s not watching the tour de France live and then the various highlights packages he is watching the golf and putting rat poison down around the house. He is also looking to become the next celeb spot adjudicator…

Thanks rocko. While this thread might not be the busiest thread on tfk over the weekend I expect the quality of posts to remain high.

I find this hard to believe. Your opening post is littered with inaccuracies for a start

I know there might be some fans of the Irish Football side checking out this thread over next few days so I thought I’d post a link to this video to welcome them.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JoNJFvIXBW0

Larry, who or what is “aunty”?

The great BBC Dunph.

9.00am start on BBC tomorrow.

PP offering 7th place each way bet before tee off only.

Thanks for the heads up Scrunchie.
On. mature reflection I decided to go each way on Clarke afterall as well as Harrington each way and Westwood outright.

The bulk of players over par early doors. Doesn’t look like a low score win at the moment. Only 5 under par. Jeev Milkha Singh leading on -2. Spare a thought for James Driscoll +9 after 10.

A smashing first shot there from Darren Clarke on the opening hole. Unique opening hole for a major in that its a 204 yard Par 3.

Paul Lawrie - tipped here the other day as a good e/w - chips in on the 4th to join three others in the lead on -1.

Only 2 players of 45 under par.

Here comes Hubba Bubba…

Never mind Bubba Watson, it’s a fantastic start for Westwood and surely has left himself a 2-3 foot birdie on the first.

Meanwhile Darren Clarke finds the heavy rough on the 2nd and can only hack it 40 yards down the fairway.

Westwood birdies first to temporarily join Singh & Lawrie in lead at -1, but both those immediately birdie the 9th & 4th respectively to go to -2.

Wow. Great work Scrunchie. This thread is the place to be.
Incidentally unlike another thread on this forum this thread will be supporting Darren Clarke again this year. Just like the way we got behind Darren last year when he won. If Darren is competing next year then we will be supporting him then also.

Paul Lawrie is on fire!!! Three birdies in a row on the 3rd, 4th and 5th to move to three under.

Darren Clarke bogeys the 2nd after that missed fairway cost him dearly.

Lee Westwood 2 under after 2. Great start for the perenial bridesmaid.

Are there many 203 yard par3s in major golf?

The Tiger roars to an opening birdie.

Lawrie -3
Singh -2
Westwood -2
Els -1
Woods -1
PAR the field