The Orange Goat, Killester, Dublin 5 stalking thread

I was at the perimeter of the astro pitch in St Anne’s Park this morning at around 10.20am when who did I spot only thread regular Brian Fenton along with Brian Howard and another chap in Raheny training gear (presumably the McMahon lad on the Dublin panel) making their way onto the pitch.

The players enthusiastically joined in with the various groups from U5-U7 practicing their skills but the heavy & persistent rain literally put a dampener on things. The attendance was much lower than usual & the poor kids were soaked. My own young lad wandered over to me around 10.35 & said he wanted to go home & he wanted a donut.

Please check Raheny GAA’s stories on Instagram to see Brian Fenton being left hanging when going for high fives with several youngsters.

7 Likes

John Meyler.

Mount Oval estate, Rochestown Cork.

I was walking Brady and stopped at a street crossing for a potential car turning… When i looked to see what the oncoming car was gonna do I clocked John was the driver. He didn’t turn but carried on to the main square. He was driving a 2019 car of some sort with a rack on the bonnet/ window section.

When i got to the square 5 minutes later John got out of the car, wearing a half zip and shorts, and headed for the Mount Oval bar.

John looks very fit for his age. I presume he was heading for a bit of grub but it’s an unusual venue for him as it’s standard bar food which he’d get closer to home… A clandestine meeting of some sort perhaps.

2 Likes

Possibly the only part of the city where nobody would know him, perfect for your clandestine meeting

1 Like

Great spot mate.

1 Like

Would hurler, journalist & podcaster Shane “Saint” Stapleton be a spot on this thread?

cc @Locke, @peddlerscross

No mate.

4 Likes

Eoin Larkin there in the carpark of Kieran’s Street Dunnes in Kilkenny. Looking roasterish in one of those grey Adidas Originals round neck jumpers, a pair of Levi 501s and Ascics trainers

1 Like

Unreal scenes. Barely inside the Croker turnstiles & I spot Faythe Harriers & Galway GAA legend John Denton. Continue up the steps & spot Alan Brogan sipping pints. Surveying where to grab a drink myself & Faythe Harriers & handball stalwart Colin Keeling walks past. I turn around then to spot Tony Doran’s family & exchange cordial greetings with them.

7 Likes

Denton ‘The Cunt’ as he is known

I had just parked up outside Insomnia on the Howth Road in Killester this morning at 10.45am when I spotted Leinster, Ireland & British Lion (?) prop Cian Healy on the footpath across the road. He was pushing/scrummaging a little baby in a buggy & holding hands with an older boy & they were strolling along. He was dressed casually in trainers, shorts & t-shirt (same light green mixed with cream colour/design on the outfit). I was chatting with my own lads about our junior parkrun exploits in St Anne’s before we hopped out of the car & I observed Cian & company walking into his house. For all rubby’s progress in Ireland, it’s still shocking that a chap who’s had a 10-15 year (?) Leinster & Ireland career can only afford to live in Killester.

8 Likes

That Insomnia is the new Lillies by the sounds of things. Brian Fenton out front in the Valerie Roe role possibly?

Fenton is more of an Orange Goat man & I wouldn’t usually go to Insomnia myself but sometimes you just need to be practical, clear your lines & forget about anything fancy.

TCD actually. That Cnut Denton.

1 Like

He might have been doing some charity work

1 Like

My apologies, chief. There are a lot of celebs and a lot of coffee shops flying around these days.

I went by there the other day and meant to ask you about the orange goat. Is it a good spot? Would you give me the rundown there?

1 Like

It’s grand. The original is in Ballsbridge & they opened up here during Covid. It’s not fancy or anything but the staff are sound & it does a solid job for coffee/smoothies/sandwich/brunch options. You might bump into the likes of Brian Fenton, Pat Gilroy or myself there so it’d be a genuine treat for you.

Anna Geary there in the Art of Coffee close to The Ferryman.

She emerged from the toilets in casual attire holding by the handle something more formal which was covered.

She made her way to the counter, got a phone call to which she said…. ‘Art of Coffee’, hung up, then looked around for a couple of seconds and left.

I’d say she’s tough work.

3 Likes

I couldn’t make an assessment on that from the limited time she was on the premises.

She’s a pretty girl albeit very small.

(I would say that)