The Orange Goat, Killester, Dublin 5 stalking thread

It was grand.

Paul McGrath got a standing ovation. He commands serious respect and affection.

TJ Reid took Keane, Neville and Carragher for a puckaround in Croker yesterday.

Have to love Paul.

That went over the Footix head I’d say

Like awarded for your alacrity with the image. You’re in fine fettle today.

Neville is an unpleasant little weasel

He does. Its a pity he didnt get either from that Ferguson cunt.

Wollie is some buffon

Who - former Clare hurler Brian Lohan.

Where - Mackey Stand section 110 last night, 8 rows from the back on the 21 yard line at the Caherdavin End.

Other pertinent details - the gruff current Clare Bainisteoir was sat two rows in front of me. He watched proceedings with an acquaintance (late 40’s/early 50’s - a chap with a grey beard.) They watched quietly, exchanging views on proceedings throughout the game. No notepads in use. Brian was wearing a cap, dark top and trousers while he also sported a fine pair of Adidas runners. The demeanour of the two time All-Ireland winner didn’t change during the course of the game - dour.

Lohan and his accomplice made their exit on 75.14 with the game in its dying embers. They’ve plenty to ponder before their opening championship encounter v Tipperary in four weeks’ time.

1 Like

Joe Quaid in junction 14 on Saturday morning early, with a female companion both wearing black tracksuits of some team, he was having a large fry.

Former mayo manager James Horan in Gormanston for the All Ireland u14 basketball competition at the weekend, his daughter (and mine) was playing, I was sitting next to him for one game, he was far more animated than you’d see him on the sideline, we chatted about basketball and particularly the great Ballina team, nice guy

4 Likes

I think Joe is over the Kildare camogie team these days.

1 Like

Who: Multiple All Ireland winning Player and Manager, all round GAA Legend and Mr. Tipperary Hurling, Michael ‘Babs’ Keating.

Where: - Cork - Dublin train earlier today.

Other notes: Babs and his wife Nancy got on at Thurles to a fairly packed carriage with all the boys in green fans in tow. Carriage was so packed and they had no seats booked meant they had to sit separately. Nancy sat in beside myself and Babs a row in front. Babs kept himself occupied reading a newspaper before getting off at Portlaoise to change onto a train stopping in Kildare (the Cork-Dublin one wasnt stopping in Kildare) I had a good chat with his wife (a real lady) who asked me if i was going to the soccer match and asked me a few questions about myself. I’d have a little connection to one of Babs offspring cc (@BruidheanChaorthainn) which i was able to bring up and that passed the journey to Portlaoise very quickly.

Babs is looking very well but his walk is shook enough it has to be said. Id say his hips and knees could be in trouble.

18 Likes

Would you not have asked Babs did he want the swap?

9 Likes

And give up his window seat???

In hindsight, I maybe should have but it was pandemonium as dozens looked for seats (loads sitting in wrong place etc) and I would only have caused more confusion by getting up and moving myself.

You’re a young fella. I hope you didn’t leave any elderly people or those with children standing. I’m sure you didn’t.

No, I’d be renowned as being a gentleman that way.

1 Like

If Babs was like the rest of us he was probably glad of a few minutes away from the wife

6 Likes

I was thinking the same myself tbh.

But the poor wife got a serious short straw then with @peddlerscross burning the ear off her

1 Like

Out of the pan job