The Orange Goat, Killester, Dublin 5 stalking thread

Yeah a gent, very obliging to bring the cup around to clubs and schools if KK are after winning the AI.

2 Likes

They’d rip you off left right and centre … you’d end up paying the local mayor to stay in your own house … you’d be sitting down to watch the Sunday game and the electricity would go because Fabio down the road has tapped into it… them and the Spaniards are born tricksters … they’d ate up a lad like you, there’d be no residents association to bring your complaints to neither …

13 Likes

:grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Cork hurling manager/coach Kieran Kingston was in Barry’s on St. Patricks day with a bunch of mates. Drinking pints of Heineken and (no doubt) had bets on a few nags.

I see Donnacha O’Callaghan a fair bit. He must have one of his children down in Nemo too. Always wearing shorts, cc @Thomas_Brady.

Quelle surprise @Locke set up his own thread so he could post spots of nonentities.

7 Likes

Post reported!

They are both neighbours of ours pal so we can’t really claim them. I see zany Donners about a good bit too.

Tis like going off and setting up your own religion because you’re not happy with the one you already have.

1 Like

Which one is big Devin?

Thanks Mate

It truly has everything, the food, the weather, the win, the culture. the football, the communal squares.

+1

Spoke about it already, pick some small village with a lido and spend the summer there, it would be amazing

On the downside they are a bit aggressive, are hyper from all the coffee and you’ll put on a stone for every week you’re there.

Am I right @flattythehurdler?

1 Like

Apart from the aggressive bit, yes :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Years ago when we used be over in Bologna commissioning machinery, when things would get a bit heated the boss man would climb onto the boardroom table and start pontificating from up there. We’d be trying to keep a straight face and the poor translator wouldn’t know what to say.

Sure you’d lads there building towers to pontificate from back in the day. A beautiful city. Full of ultra high end empty fashion shops, and a Saturday market that is rammed that wouldn’t look out of place in Rochdale.

1 Like

I’d just finished my afternoon “effort run” and was walking along past the entrance to Killester DART station when I spotted Dublin’s multiple All Ireland winning captain Stephen Cluxton heading towards me on foot.

He was wearing those shrunners favoured in the technical area by the likes of Guardiola, Arteta and Lampard, dark blue jeans and a hooded navy zip up top.

As we passed on opposite sides of the path, I did that thing where you tilt your head slightly towards the other person (maybe no more than 18-25 degrees) in the hope of making eye contact and sharing a friendly nod. Cluxton ignored my non-amorous advance, continued staring intently straight ahead and made his way into the DART station.

I lost sight of him at that point.

6 Likes

Great spot mate and the right thread too

1 Like

I saw 2x All Ireland Hurling winner and all round character Joe Hayes doing his shopping in Dunnes Stores Tipperary Town last night.

Joe was wearing a Clonoulty Rossmore Hoody and was carrying his bags back to his car as I was heading in to pick up some errands.

Joe looked to be in a hurry as was I, truth be told as I wanted to be home to see some Europa League action.

2 Likes

Spot :wink:

Locke, what are the regulations around spotting ex GAA managers and players at GAA matches this weekend? I’ve a feeling you’ll have your hands fairly full