The Orange Goat, Killester, Dublin 5 stalking thread

On other threads you’d get the whole “they’re at work” bullshit. But not on this fine thread mate, spot and put them up to your hearts content. Double kudos if you see a Rugby star/ex-star at a game.

I will see Austin Gleeson at the Waterford match.

And as the GAA is a voluntary organisation, he’s not at work!

I see Billy Walsh on the beer when he’s home, I see Sack Walsh and Mel Keelaghan every week. Be a waste of my time posting it here though. However, I did an exam about 8 years ago, went to the toilet. Came out of the toilet, who was coming out of the ladies toilet with a box of sanitary products ? John Mullane. THAT’S a GAA & Rubby ‘Celeb’ spot!

1 Like

Who: Mick McDonagh
Famous for: The ape who wears the Offaly jersey on empty terraces behind the goals and goes buck mad for the cameras when a score goes over.
Wearing: Black shirt, stonewashed baggy jeans, black boots
Where: Seat 50C, Delta flight DL44, JFK NYC to Dublin
When: Last night
Other notes: Mick was on his way back to Ireland after attending the New York Sligo game last weekend and then taking a few days R and R in the Big Apple, staying on 10th avenue. He made the most of some GAA hospitality throughout the week. He has suffered flus, colds and viruses in terrible weather at matches in his noble pursuit. He thinks Offaly will bate the tar out of Wexford this weekend but are a year too early to topple the Dubs. He watched 3 episodes of Tom and Jerry with no headphones in laughing away before sleeping most of the flight.

42 Likes

he gets paid by the state

:joy: :joy: :joy:

11 Likes

Outstanding reporting. Did you get a chance to discuss the reverse sear manoeuvre with him?

I’m envisioning Mick drooling here as I leisurely polish off a mint Magnum……

1 Like

Outstanding work @Spidey

Phenomenal detail.

That’s a belter

This is a mighty thread.

2 Likes

Woolberto out walking the chaps and the dog past the Holy Family School in Portlaoise. Wearing one of his smashing Smaller Fish hoodies, they look savage

3 Likes

Ryan o Dwyer and his daughter just beat myself and mine to win a teddy at the funfair in salthill. The cunt. Our challenge was to fire a jet of water into a minions mouth and make another minion rise into the air. Even though his hand eye co ordination is probably better than mine I’ve a feeling it’s a fix and a random one wins every time. That’s what I told my daughter anyway.

16 Likes

I’m surprised he didn’t get sent off or else split open.

2 Likes

I hope we lock both terraces on the cunt.

1 Like

Fixed.

I wish to log a joint double spot yesterday.

Was strolling into the open stand circa 6.45 yesterday when I turned to my right and who was there but Una Healy’s former partner, 2013 Munster champion & club All-Ireland winner David Breen.

He was in jovial conversation with future Bath head coach Johann van Graan, who had a young child with him who I guess is his son. I couldn’t make out what they were discussing but I’d say it came as a huge shock to Johann to see (A) a proper sport and (B) play in front of a vocal, raucous, knowledgeable home crowd.

Johann is not a physically imposing man, he’s barely 5’10 I’d say. Breen was towering over him.

As I returned to the vehicle in Na Piarsaigh I also spotted the same trio entering the clubhouse, no doubt savouring a fine evening.

Moments earlier I spotted noted philanthropist Mr J.P McManus at the traffic lights at Jetland, as he waited to cross the road.

16 Likes

Where: Rosslare Strand beach car park
When: Today:
Who: Rory O’Connor and his missus with poodle.

Rory was about to start a walk along the Strand shoreline with his girlfriend Offaly native Amy and what one can only assume the family pet white poodle. Now the last time I met Rory i told him he looked like Diogo Jota, this was to his chagrain as he informed me that he is an Arsenal fan, but as always, in the same form as his father and uncles, he gave a wry smile.
I was about to pull out of the car park of said beach after realising it was quite windy and not good for swimming to shake off my commiseration pints for young Rory and his comrades.
Rory and Amy I’m also quite sure made the futile mistake of walking along the shoreline. I pulled down the car window to inform Rory to “keep the chin up son” he replied “cheers son”, and as ever, the young gentleman he is from a great family, gave me the O’Connor smile.

10 Likes

Reads like a mills and boon excerpt. Lovely stuff

5 Likes

Go raibh maith agaibh mo chara.