The Orange Goat, Killester, Dublin 5 stalking thread

On the way home from Thurles, couldn’t think of a better place to go for food. A fine city.

1 Like

Where: Traynor’s DIY shop, Wexford town
Who: two 96 All Ireland final winners for the price of one, Rory McCarthy & Larry O’Gorman
When: Today, 2:10-2:20

Pirlo went with mother Pirlo to get a tub of paint. To the left of the checkout, Pirlo spots Rory McCarthy. Rory, 28 years since 1996, looks like a man who hasn’t aged since the halcyon year. Pirlo would be well acquainted with Mr McCarthy so got into conversation. He was with his three kids, so obviously getting a spot of DIY in during the warm weather. Rory thought his clubmate Rory O’Connor sending off was extremely harsh, and it is now a non-contact sport.
Leaving the shop with the tub of Dulux magnolia paint, I spied upon Larry O’Gorman out the back. Larry was on his own and in deep concentration looking through certain flowers. Pirlo and Mother Pirlo said hello to Larry, as he would be from the same area of Wexford town.
To note, leaving the shop, I explained that I was talking to Rory at the checkout to mother Pirlo whilst she was speaking to the shop attendant, to which she replied “I minded him when he was a baby, and went out with his uncle when I was younger” to which I replied “his mother used to mind me as a baby in the creche”. A nice trip.

13 Likes

Secondary school teacher (possibly Mercy College, Coolock?), so on his holliers

The Wexfords are knocking it out of the park lately with the GAA celeb spots

1 Like

Brian Fenton does NOT mention The Orange Goat in this “My Dublin” vignette, in association with StayCity.

He’s clearly trying to throw other potential stalkers off his scent by referencing places he doesn’t actually go.

https://twitter.com/Staycity/status/1806269781823148431

His caffeine levels must be off the chart

Live spots

Marty Morrissey and former Gaa president Larry McCarthy onboard the Dublin to Kerry flight.

Marty is in good form and making small talk with anyone that will engage him. He is sporting a light blue two tone golf jacket and has quite an egg in the nest at the back of his head.

Larry appears fine and awkward in his demeanour. Sporting a gaa wind breaker and a dark navy suit

Any joggers with large foreheads in the background?

Has Larry told you to ssssshhhh yet or taken the microphone from the staff when they’re taking

‘Flight F-OFF 134 from Dublin to Kerry is now ready to board’ has a lovely ring to it.

1 Like

Who: Darren Daly
Famous for: The definition of ‘finisher’ in several All Ireland finals and holder of 6 All Ireland medals
Where: Texaco garage, Rolestown
When: Today at 12:30
Wearing: Dublin GAA management tracksuit
Other notes: Pulling into the forecourt after giving Ballyboughal a pasting, junior Spidey and his team mates spotted a Dublin GAA branded car parked in the corner. They speculated what player was in there. As we walked in, we spotted a lad in a Dublin GAA tracksuit ordering food from the hot food counter/deli in a very unassuming way. I was thinking who is this player getting himself 5 sausage rolls before the big game today. On turning around, Darren Daly revealed himself and spotted the lads in their jerseys. He asked who they were playing and how their game went and if they were going to see the Dubs later in Croker. He also briefly smiled when I said the weather might be a leveller in Croke Park today. He had what looked a healthy sandwich in his hand and a bottle of water. He queued up to pay and gave the lads a hearty goodbye before jumping into his vehicle. An alright sort.

9 Likes

Who: South East Radio commentator Liam Spratt
Where: Malahide Castle
When: Live spot.

This was an extremely easy spot for this TFK poster as the late 60’s odd year old stood out a country mile among hipsters and cool people. Liam was limping around, with hand over eyes to shade from the North County Dublin sun in a salmon coloured jumper and a cream jacket. Liam must have been with family. Pirlo would know Liam at this stage, but decided it best to leave him to it.

3 Likes

Is Liam at Arcade Fire?

It’s definitely him I’m convinced. To be fair to the man, he’d mention a fair bit about going to gigs when commentating.

1 Like

He’ll have hopefully enjoyed RTE playing out their coverage of Cork v Limerick with Arcade Fire.

I’m ragin now I didn’t go to Croke Park now also. Echo and Bunnymen were shite, Kila were decent, my first time listening to them. I know they’re going around a long while.

Spot: the great Nicky English
Where: outside Piper’s Corner around 7:30-8pm

Details: after a few swift pints in Briodys, I was making my way to the Academy (via Supermacs where I shovelled in a below average burger). Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted the great man.
He was on the phone, but Nicky doesn’t have the look of a man that needs to ring home for planning permission to keep pinting.

8 Likes

Who: Martin Donnelly
Where: Dunnes Stores men’s section upstairs in Blanchardstown centre dangerously close to the Paul Galvin range
When: Today about 2pm
Wearing: a blue golf shirt. He was behind a rail of clothes so I didn’t see below the waist
Famous for: sponsor of numerous Clare teams and GAA events as well as boxers over the years
Other notes: I’d know Martin to see and we got into chatting about the game on Sunday and he’s very nervous but thinks Clare have a great chance given their recent record v Cork. He also wouldn’t read hugely into Cork’s semi final as Limerick aren’t the team they were. He thinks Tony Kelly could go to town if let and is fit. There was no ticket talk as I assume he’s well sorted

5 Likes

I’d say he nearly single handedly keeps the Poc Fada going.

It’s between himself and Christy Ryan

1 Like