The Orange Goat, Killester, Dublin 5 stalking thread

A long way from his halcyon days in Knockbeg

He was a bit too young to have featured in the 2005 final was he?

Former hatchet man and sometimes full back Ger Cush was parking in the Parent and Child parking space this morning in Pettits SuperValu in Gorey around 9am. He didn’t have a child in the car. Ger displayed little care for rules on the pitch so parking there wouldn’t be a surprise to many.

He took a bag of plastic bottles out of the car but was aghast to see a long queue had already formed at the return machine. The 2 slots were being used by 2 lads with about 4-5 bags each. One of them had already a 10 euro balance built up on the screen and had 3 full bags beside him. I didn’t have time to hang around to see whether Ger decided to stick it out or not.

4 Likes

Seen him park up in front of 3 cars in the opera house car park 2 months ago. Strikes me as someone with little patience alright. Big car.

Regrettably I’ve to report that Fento acted the dick a bit in his sponsored Dublin GAA SUV on Killester Avenue around 5.30pm. My life partner was crossing the road by Fran Usanga’s Irish Fit Coach gym with our lads holding either one of her hands. I was strolling around 10 yards behind them.

Fento turned onto the avenue & accelerated towards them well in excess of the speed limit, even though they’d commenced the road crossing manoeuvre. He kinda had to swerve to avoid them but then had to tuck back in abruptly & come to a complete halt only 20 yards further on. This was because there were parked cars on his side, there’s only room for one vehicle on that stretch & a car was already approaching from the other direction.

There’s no need to be driving like that in residential areas. That was very out of character behaviour from Brian Fenton.

10 Likes

He’s probably still seething from that Galway defeat.

1 Like

Or he’s finally got sick of the stalking

1 Like

Taking out the stalkers life partner and children is a bit OTT in fairness.

2 Likes

Vile post.

Play the ball here

I think he was after ‘The Brian Fenton’ and met the regular Brian Fenton who is prone to rush and misjudgement like the rest of us.

Ken McGrath driving his Mean Bean coffee van between Hook and Slade after supplying the coffee truck and shop at Hook with Mean Bean coffee.

Paul ‘Pillar’ Caffrey in the Dame Tavern just now. He has developed a fair gut since the last time I saw him, which was probably quite a while ago.

2 Likes

Pillar and the missus love a few drinks in the Damer

He was without the missus, his companion looked vaguely familiar but I couldn’t place him.

I spotted Derek Mooney and ‘comedian’ Emma Doran on my travels also. The odds of any kind of a spot are stacked in your favour in Dublin.

1 Like

Lunchtime during the summer is a treasure trove

1 Like

Im glad you put comedian in inverted commas!

1 Like

Had a brief interaction with Dublin GAA superfan Bertie Ahern in Puck Lane in Whitehall half an hour ago. He was strolling out to the car park (literally carrying a brown envelope…a pen & a notepad) beside two other auld lads as I was heading the same way with my two young lads. We exchanged greetings & one of the other men remarked on the kids’ Raheny GAA tops. “Do you play football & hurling boys?” asked Mr Ahern then. “I do & I also go swimming on Saturdays”, replied my older fella. Bertie was looking fresh. Navy slacks, smart blue polo shirt & a casual navy jacket. Another man wandered over towards Bertie & his pals then & we headed on.

I also spotted Jim Gavin on Merrion Street on Tuesday morning at around 11.30am. He was walking in the direction of Merrion Row with a little man bag over his shoulder & was wearing a dark coloured Ralph Lauren top. He was staring into the middle distance with a contented expression on his face.

13 Likes

Sensational spot…have you forgiven bertie for collapsing your anglo gravy train after that interaction?

Who: Kieran McGeeney
Famous for: Armagh manager. All Ireland winning coach
Where: The Forge Cafe Castleisland
When: last Saturday morning
Other notes: wasn’t sure it was him then he answered the phone. Definitely him. He was very well dressed, expensive shoes, man bag, pen, glasses (according to the wife). A quick google says he is married to a Kerry lady. Not Star

I also saw a heap of Rugby players (curremt and ex) in Kilkee 2 weeks ago. Including 2 current irish Internationals. But seeing a rugby player in Kilkee in August is like spotting GAA players in Coppers

3 Likes