The Overrated Thread

:eek::mad::eek:

Well, well, well - we discover today that some of the staff had their wallets stolen on Sunday and look who was on the premises…

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 853358, member: 24”]Me arse.

Plenty of good pubs serve food. In fact those that don’t are generally stuck up their hole as they equate not serving food as being a real pub.[/quote]
Cuntholes like The Long Hall for example

Well, well, well - we discover today that some of the staff had their wallets stolen on Sunday and look who was on the premises…[/quote]
Ah no I was in there early for one pint and I wouldn’t be like that. Sorry to hear that though-I hope it wasn’t the barman who was in there Sunday evening who got his wallet stolen. He is a very nice man.

Started watching the box set of love hate. Overrated in my opinion.

[quote=“Sidney, post: 853202, member: 183”]Frank Sinatra* and Dean Martin. Not so much overrated as music for rugby-loving grandfathers.

*Apart from his fine performance in Von Ryan’s Express.[/quote]

I await Manuel Zelaya’s opinion on this topic. You don’t have a bulls notion. Deano was never overrated bcause he was never rated. Frank on the other hand is one of the top 5 vocalists of the century, with Scott walker, Elvis and two others that I can’t be arsed recalling at the moment .

Was half tempted myself.

Maybe it was overhyped. Bit meh to be honest. Half the first series was taken up with tedious mooning by some girl over the arty gangster. Thank the Lord for fast forward. Frano is decent enough but a bit of a caricature. Middling stuff really. I’d send you the set only I borrowed it. I’d wait til it’s in the bargain bucket if I were you.

No i have it already, bought it in a drunken stupor some night.

Thanks anyway

Dean Martin’s sole contribution to music was to provide the air of “When There’s Glass In Your Eye…”

Sinatra was a boring old fart with boring songs.

Well now I’ve slagged it off your expectations may be tempered enough for you to enjoy it. Hope so anyway.

Seasons 3 and 4 are decent.

Series 1 of Love Hate was average at best. They do improve.

I walked into the local at home recently and ‘Strangers in the Night’ was blaring out. Immediately you are put in a good mood.

The owner of the pub has experienced a severe downturn in fortune since the recession kicked in. One night he went to the dukebox himself and his sole selection was ‘My Way’.

‘When they carry me out this is what I want playing’ he said.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 853409, member: 24”]I walked into the local at home recently and ‘Strangers in the Night’ was blaring out. Immediately you are put in a good mood.

The owner of the pub has experienced a severe downturn in fortune since the recession kicked in. One night he went to the dukebox himself and his sole selection was ‘My Way’.

‘When they carry me out this is what I want playing’ he said.[/quote]
That sounds like a really shit pub.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 853358, member: 24”]Me arse.

Plenty of good pubs serve food. In fact those that don’t are generally stuck up their hole as they equate not serving food as being a real pub*

Just like you have done there.

• I don’t include Cusacks of Mohill in this.[/quote]

What pubs are you referring to here?

Agreed, a fucking duke box, what kind of local is that?

I was in Cusacks on North Strand last week for a few pints. It’s right beside Da Mimmo, one of the best and cheapest Italian restaurants/take-aways in Dublin. After we’d had a couple of pints and asked for some peanuts, the barman told us if we wanted to order food from there and bring it in to the pub it was no problem.

I thought that was quality.

The Dublin Web Summit

An aristocratic local? The rest of us have to make do with a jukebox.