The Overrated Thread

I do this anyway, but once this is done I can put the eggs beside the toast on the plate to reduce the risk of moisture contamination

Each to their own I suppose. I place them on the toast as I want to ensure that absolutely none of the perfectly runny yolk is going to escape onto the plate and somehow avoid being eaten.

What kind of an animal puts the eggs directly on the toast? The ham goes on the toast with the egg on top.

The toast should be crunchy in this sort of scenario. You can smear the egg over the toast once you proceeded to eat. This way the toast will retain most of it’s crunchiness. You can also mop up some eggy goodness with your toast. The only moisture that should come in contact with toast before this procedure is plenty of butter.

I hear ham’s full of chemicals.

I haven’t heard this side of ham before.

4 Likes

All meat’s fill of chemicals pal. Poison too. I’m only passing on what I’ve heard.

1 Like

Ah here, rashers are the only meat based accompaniment. Crispy rashers at that, none of your greasy soggy shit

1 Like

We are taking about eggs benidict mate. Rashers have no place in the dish.

Eggs Benedict is an American brunch or breakfast dish that consists of two halves of an English muffin each of which is topped with Canadian bacon – or sometimes ham or bacon – a poached egg; and hollandaise sauce.

You do know that canadian bacon isn’t rasher ?

There are a lot of food related topics with disagree upon but I respect your opinion and admire your passion

It isn’t ham either :worried:

It pretty much is smoked ham yea.

I like smoked ham, I can live with that

There is certainly more than one to poach an egg.

Eggs- fucking- benedict :rollseyes:

Twas far from fuckin eggs benedict the lot of you were reared.

The hollandaise ruins it. Much better with a drop of piri piri.

1 Like

+1. Not on the piri piri but hollandaise is shite. A sliced avocado and some Parmesan shavings are far better than some dirty mucky sauce lashed all over it.

Hollandaise is pure muck… I’m glad someone finally came out and said it.

2 Likes