The Overrated Thread

He didnā€™t even lose that title properly, didnā€™t Arsenal finish second in the end even.

Definitely one of Spurs top 5 bottle jobs under Pochettino.

Big Time bars. Overrated.
Just had one and also a Kilpso.
The Klipso is outstanding.

Derry Girls

5 Likes

I enjoyed it at first but itā€™s getting stale alright. Iā€™d say youā€™d be shot if you wrote something bad about it in the media. Itā€™s like black panther you canā€™t be critical of it

It is relatively funny and has a nostalgia factor but it is far from a seminal comedy series that it portrayed as. I can barely recall one quote or even episode plot from series one.

2 Likes

David Silva.

Would struggle to make a top 100 players in Premier League history.

2 Likes

Derry Girls, from the handful of episodes Iā€™ve seen is bland, passable comedy. Tommy Tiernan playing the straight man is probably the best thing about it.

1 Like

Ah stop will you. Keep that shite to the US politics threads.

1 Like

The proverbial nothing player.

Thereā€™s nothing shite about it. Silva is a grotesquely overrated player and a flat track bully. Iā€™m genuinely struggling to think of anything heā€™s done in really big games - he flicked one in at Anfield in 2014, and thatā€™s about it. Heā€™s great at scoring the third goal in an easy home win over Cardiff or Fulham however.

1 Like

First season had something about it, and ended on a very interesting beat. Suffering second season syndrome. Third season confirmed.

Iā€™d compare it to Moone Boy. Caught the zeitgeist of nostalgia in Season 1, with great casting in all the roles, but tapered off in each season thereafter.

3 seasons and done.

Iā€™m a couple episodes behind. Iā€™m assuming they kill someone off in the Omagh bombing.

Princess Diana

1 Like

I thought it was a good documentary. The press were a disgrace. And nobody to protect her.

Martin Bashir: ā€˜Do you ever think youā€™ll be queen?ā€™
Diana: ā€˜No but Iā€™d like to be queen of peopleā€™s heartsā€™

:nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

Con Oā€™Callaghan. People are getting a bit stupid about this lad, heā€™s good but hasnā€™t come close to doing anything worhtwhile against a serious team yet

Who mate?

He scores regularly in the training games pal

That haircut has made him a Hill darling though.