The people who must be shitting themselves thread

Traditional sports are dyingā€¦ every kid wants to be the next McGregorā€¦

This is reminiscent of Italia 90 and the eve of our first game v England.

1 Like

Did he ever hurl ?

As a pro ā€˜sportsmanā€™ will he not get a hape of it back?

Hadnā€™t thought of that.

get sick?

1 Like

Only if heā€™s Irish resident? If heā€™s non-resident (which I understand he is), I believe heā€™s only taxed on income that arises in the state. Maybe some of the hordes of accountants here can clarify.

nobody cares mate

Heā€™s probably still ordinarily resident so he will have to pay it. At the least heā€™ll pay the domicile levy of 200k.

1 Like

Soz Iā€™m not a tax person but does the sports person relief not kick in for this clown?

Is sports relief not applied on retirement ?

Applied to 10 best years I thought. So if itā€™s one of his best years heā€™ll get most of it back?

Mmmmmma is not a sport though.

Heā€™ll be using corporate entities

Although I suspect his take is greatly reduced by UFC share as they own him. Said he would quadruple his net worth. He was probably worth 5m max. May get 20m from this so fair fucks to him. Like all successful fighters it is hanging on to the dough where they usually fail.

Itā€™s only Irish sourced income I think. Iā€™m sure heā€™ll have all sorts of ways to shelter a lot of it over in the US.

$34 M

UFC star McGregor fought twice over the past 12 months, including headlining two of the three best-selling UFC fights ever on pay-per-view. UFC 202 where McGregor defeated Nate Diaz had a record 1.6 million buys. Three months later McGregor beat Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205 in a card with 1.3 million buys (McGregor also starred in the second and fifth best-selling fights of all-time). The two bouts in the second half of 2016 earned McGregor $27 million, including his cut of PPV receipts by Forbesā€™ count. McGregorā€™s biggest payday awaits in a potential boxing match with Floyd Mayweather that could attract three million or more PPV buys. McGregor is set to earn $75 million if the bout comes to fruition. The Irishman has let many of his endorsement deals lapse as he gears up for the spotlight and potentially bigger deals that would come with a Mayweather fight. He did sign new marketing pacts with Anheuser-Busch and Beats by Dre in the spring of 2017.

1 Like

I thought the opened it to international income a few years ago and this upset the egg chasers as it made it less attractive for the likes of Sexton to stay at home.

Hard to know really. He is contracted to UFC like the Hollywood actors of the 30s and 40s so they must be taking a large cut. He also has to pay tax and pay for training camps, promotion, agents fees out of those gross earnings.

He will be a wealthy man after this but lots of fighters are wealthy for a short period.

Mayweather winning easily and then a UFC rematch is a possibility. That would be an even bigger pay day

Iā€™ll pm you a LOE and if agreeable draft you up an opinion on it.

2 Likes

I thought that was just that they could finish their careers abroad now.

1 Like

Heā€™s currently resident in Seanie Johnstons old part of the world

Not a chance.