The Prestigious Europa League 2015/2016 thread

Mulgrew, Armstrong and Allan are injured and didnā€™t travel to Amsterdam with Celtic today.

1 Like

Team for this evening please, bhoys:

Gordon;
Lustig, Boyata*, Simunovic, Izaguirre;
Bitton, Brown*;
Mackay-Steven, Johansen, AN Other.
Griffiths.

• = to be dropped if they perform below par again.

Not sure about left side. Maybe we need to be more compact rather than going with Forrest, Commons or someone.

Probably forgetting some players aside from those injured.

I still think Stokes is by far our best option on the left wing spot. Definitely the most creative player we have in that position. Ideally Iā€™d like a change in system tonight but Ronnie seem rigidly stuck to 4-2-3-1.

Ideally Iā€™d like to see:

Gordon
Lustig Boyata Simunovic Izzy
Brown Bitton Johansen
Commons
Griffiths Stokes

Weā€™ll stick with a 4-2-3-1 though and weā€™ll lose 2-0.

Where are the TFK CSC watching the Celts. Iā€™d be tempted to leave the car in work and have scoops, @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy are you around?

Thatā€™s probably the team Iā€™d pick but not really sure who to do on the left. I would go for Forrest ahead of Commons but I think Forrest and GMS is a bit light. I suspect we might see Rogic in the Johansen role with Johansen playing wider.

Team is:

Gordon

Lustig Boyata Simunovic Izaguirre
Brown Bitton
Forrest Johansen Commons
Griffiths

So Commons and Forrest start and no GMS. Simunovic debut.

Good to see Izaguirre back in place of Blackett.

Why wonā€™t Ronny change system, weā€™ve became so predictable. :unamused:

BITTTTONNNNN!!!

:clap:

Yeeeesssssssss.

1 Like

What a goal. Well done Commons in fairness. Gorgeous goal.

Great finish by Bitton. Super work by Johansen and Commons in the build up.

Celtic have matched Ajaxā€™s 4-3-3 here. Johansen playing on the right of a tight midfield three with Brown central and Bitton on the left.

Commons and Forrest on the right and left respectively of Griffiths.

Encouraging that both Bitton and Johansen were forward for the goal.

That all came from Brown slicing a clearance to touch under no pressure. Really poorly organised to let Fischer get between Bitton and centre backs. They moved it well but we werenā€™t overloaded.

Lustig diving in on the winger was unnecessary too.

Disappointing inability to keep possession after taking the lead.

Simunovic hasnā€™t looked too mobile.

Need to do better to stop th it wingers cutting in field. They donā€™t look like theyā€™re going to get great crosses in but weā€™re allowing them take it inside too easily and too frequently.

Ah fuck that was a great chance for Griffiths.

LLLLLLLLUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGggggggggggggggggg

Cā€™mannnnnn!!!

Commons takes a better corner than Johansen. Think Iā€™d be expecting my keeper to come for that though.

Weā€™ve played ok tonight. Still look vulnerable obviously but that was inevitable and weā€™ll do well to close this out but weā€™ve been encouraging enough going forward anyway. Possession is crucial now and need Brown to get in the right mindset now.

Fuck me but Bitton is the best player Iā€™ve ever seen.

2 Likes

Yeeeeesssss.