The Prestigious Europa League 2015/2016 thread

Lovely half.

1 Like

Commons has justified his start with the pass and cross for the first and second goals and that was another nice floated ball for that Griffiths’ chance. Griffiths should have done better.

1 Like

Christ, I wish Lustig could last 90 minutes.

Simunovic has had a solid game, bit of pace to him as well.

Good idea from Efe there to try a dribble. Unlucky it didn’t come off, hope it doesn’t put him off doing it again.

Not sure on his acceleration but that’s not sure either way as opposed to just writing it off. He’s been pleasantly unspectacular which is infinitely better than what we’ve had recently.

Izzy could have got a second yellow there.

And just did.

And now he has.

Dumb.

That was sloppy from Izzy. It’s not a free originally but he should do better at avoiding contact and he was stupid to go to ground. Could have been a free to us but he couldn’t help going off his feet and getting sent off instead.

Blackett needs to step up here. Two of our back 4 changed for the last 15. Not ideal but at least we’ve something to hold on to.

He’s been indecisive so far.

Should use last sub for Commons or Griffiths here.

Fuck that was close.

Getting very deep the last few minutes. Can’t be letting them whip balls into lads standing 8 yards out.

Ah shit.

We’ll do well to get a draw now.

Has Gordon lost his nerve on crosses or what? That’s awful again.

We look far too deep for that I think. Not sure whether I expect Gordon to do more. But our starting position was all wrong. It didn’t need to be particularly well directed to drift in.

That was a sitter. Terrible from Janko to get burned. Simunovic guessed on the cross and got caught out. Blackett didn’t offer much cover.

Is Janko thick? What’s he doing shepherding that out? FFS.

Thought Celtic were quite good tonight. Pretty comfortable in the second half until the sending off and could have extended the lead before that. Molde won away to Fenerbahce.

1 Like