The Prestigious Europa League 2019/2020 thread

3-1 Linfield

Shaping up to be a tremendous night for Irish sacar

2 Likes

Brilliant by Edouard. McGregor inches wide but should have scored.

Ntcham for Forrest.

1 Like

Adams Traore had a big game at United on Saturday and I was just about to compliment his improvement as he laid on the second for Wolves to go 0-2 up at Torino, when the brainless cunt lost the ball 30 yards out from his own goal and let Torino in for a goal.

Morgan for Johnston.

Bayo for Edouard.

Not Griffiths.

A treble save by their keeper.

1 Like

Interesting that itā€™s not Griffiths.

Can Linfield be drawn in the same group as Celtic @mickee321

Itā€™s on Copperā€™s iptv

A decent result and a good performance.

Ajer is a legitimately competent right back.

Edouard is a fine player.

Christie is excellent.

Johnston is growing into a good player.

Jullien was good in the air and apart from the one rash grab he gave a fairly solid performance.

Hopefully we donā€™t spoil it all by adding more players to a finely balanced squad.

3 Likes

How did rangers get on?

Johnston was my MOTM tonight, heā€™s still a bit lightweight but his speed, balance and close control is fantastic.

1 Like

Agreed.

Jullien doesnā€™t look rapid on the ground, although heā€™s not slow. It was encouraging how he dominated aerially and was alert to danger. That was a rash grab at yer man though. Itā€™s almost like the Ā£7mn centre back should have been playing last week though.

Bolingoli was much more settled, albeit with a couple of sloppy moments.

I thought Johnston went out of the game for a spell in the second half but came into it well again before coming off.

Ajer and Christie were very good, and Edouard is class.

A third Celtic goal probably would have made progression certain, but 2-0 is a solid result.

1 Like

@Fagan_ODowd
ok - take a stab at this
it all depends on the coefficients of the sides going into the group stage draw
I know for a fact that as Linfield were unseeded in the CL first qualifying round their coefficient and indeed NI;s coefficient is very low therefore they will be in pot4 as 4th seed if they progress,
regarding celtic it will again depend where there coefficinet sits regarding the rest of the competition but id imagine they will be second or third seeds so yes if both progress they could be drawn in the same pool

thatā€™s a magnificnet result for Linfield really but i do think my theory that teams that get beaten in the CL qualifiers and go out the next week away from home deflated in the Europa League are vulnerable. PAOK loosing at Slovan tonight after pushing Ajax all the way last week and now Qarabag after loosing out to APOEL ( who should have beaten Ajax on Tuesday btw) are a case in point . Maccabi tel aviv suffered the same fate in lithuania after Cluj beat them,
Im delighted for Linfield really - there is a huge LOI association to that club with Billy Fenlon as a player and manager , mick o connor was there last year from Rovers and now i see Bastien Hery is pulling their strings in midfield- i hope their real fans enjoy it - like most clubs on this island their support will be genuine in most cases as Rangers will take care of the scum side of it much like celtic do down here,i wish them well
i didnt see celtic but i looked at the AIK squad and i see Goitom the guy from Eritrea is up front - he was playing in tallaght last year v rovers - theyā€™d be very limited really - SRFC took them to extra time last year and celtic will take care of business one would imagine
Im trying to figure out why Porto didnt have to play a qualifier after been defeated by krasnodar last week and have defaulted to the groups - im assuming coefficient just bumped them in

its depressing to look on tho from an LOI perspecice at tonights proceedings
we have teams from NI, Armenia and Luxembourg all in the qualifiers , leagues ranked way below ours- its hard to be positive at times - eamon sweeeny hit the nail on the head on sunday in an excellent piece in the sindo really on the glass ceiling of group stage qualifiction, its hard to know where we are headed - everytime i log on here and see lads cheerleaing celtic it utterly depresses me but its hard to blame them really as the product we have is poor- if people went to matches and actually supported it we would get better in time but the interest isnt there in the general public - no one cares as a result there is no money in the game here and it cant improve
thoses rovers games this season v Brann and AEL were brillinat occasions - the AEL game was incredible with the athmosphere - if we had that thru the winter imagine it ? but how can you - people refuse to support the product as a result it gets very little investment and what is needed most and that is foreign players arent attracted to the league as they cant be paid.
its a fucking crime @Fagan_ODowd - people in ireland are leaving football rot - they have no interest in supporting itā€¦ sometimes it gets to me

3 Likes

How did Wolverhampton Wanderers get on tonight away at Torino from the Mickey Mouse Serie A?

they won 3-2

Typical LOI glory hunter who canā€™t see beyond the top flight of domestic football and the glamour European ties. Baldoyle Unitedā€™s 2-0 win over Esker Celtic on Tuesday night drew a fine crowd and showed the game is in fine health.

If Linfield get through itā€™ll be some result. Still a big task to go through in Azerbaijan even with a two goal lead. If they could score one they should do it.
Fella on the radio said they are completely part time, is that true @mickee321 Bastian Hery is hardly working for a living as well?
Be some craic if they get through, thereā€™s some of their supporters already planning to protest if they play games on Sunday :joy: some bunch of fucking weirdos up there

2 Likes

Qarabag got a late pelanty and it finished 3-2.

That changes everything

Ah they are fucked so. Do they get a few bob for winning that game even though itā€™s only a leg?