The Prestigious Europa League 2019/2020 thread

Would like to see Ntcham on soon to refresh the energy.

The famed academy

1 Like

Convincing win by Celtic tonight.

Celtic 4
Cluj 3
Lazio 3
Rennes 1

Double header with Lazio next for Celtic.

2 Likes

I think you generally underrate Dembele who is an excellent striker. But Edouard is fantastic. Another level.

Great to see Paul Dempsey doing the post match interviews. He was very enthusiastic.

I always felt Dembele played with in himself. He was a bit like Lukaku, strong, powerful great in the penalty box but he often seemed lazy. I think Edouard really puts in a shift, he runs the channels well, he closes defenders down, his link up play is on another level to Dembeleā€™s who was really about overpowering the defender. Edouardā€™s first touch, his layoffs and passes are just on the money so often

Dembele was a pure no 9 and if the service wasnā€™t there could be quite ineffective, Edouard can survive on scraps and bring out so much in other players. Heā€™s a joy for guys like Christie, Forrest, Ntcham etc.

Sad to see 2 giants of clubs like Celtic and rangers relegated to Europa league.

Celtic are still in the Champions League on IPTV.

1 Like

Yeah I agree with that mostly.

But Dembele was and is very effective as that sort of striker. Plus I think he enjoys the physical challenges more than the likes of Lukaku. I think heā€™s an excellent player.

Edouardā€™s general play is outstanding. He is so good with the ball at his feet. And as you said earlier heā€™s equally good with his back to goal or running at people which is very rare.

Partizan Belgrade motoring well . A tie with Celtic might be on the cards . Invoking memories of the 1989 classic .
@mickee321

2 Likes

As I said when they got knocked out of the CL qualifying, Celtic are much better off in the Europa

Lennon seems to be doing a very good job despite the naysayers on here

Edouard now a booking away from a ban after last night.

yeah i was watching the goals on BT;s wonderful highlights package with James Horncastle- actually i watch it just because he is on it
That was a great win from Partizan allright - good to see Balkan club football on the up a bit with red star winning as well against olympiakos in the CL as from 2010-2015 it was reallly in the doldrums.
That 1989 tie was fantastic - was the first leg played in Mostar on a wednesday afternoon with no floodlight because their ground was closedā€¦
Dziekanowski was firing on all cylinders back then

2 Likes

Dinamo going really well too.

1 Like

Is Edouard the best Celtic player since Larsson left in 2004?

Who else would be in the conversation? Not considering loanees.

DembƩlƩ, Van Dyke, Nakamura, Petrov?

Himself and Tierney are the best post Larsson I think.

1 Like

@Bandage
@Rocko
@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

I think itā€™s fairly likely how we will line out tonight, I expect Elhamed and Christie back in for Frimpong and Rogic.

If it was up to me Iā€™d keep Rogic in the lineup at the expense of Brown, Iā€™d also be fairly tempted to start Bitton ahead of Ajer and Bauer ahead of Elhamed but Lennon seems to really like Elhamed (probably some incentive from Dudu).

I think a win tonight would have us with one foot in the last 32 and one win in our last 3 games would probably be enough.

Lazio are a side who throw caution to the wind so we should get chances. Inzaghi has tended to rest Immobile in recent years in the Europa League so Iā€™d say it will likely be Caicedo up front tonight who is a bit of a battering ram. Iā€™d probably regard Correa as their most dangerous player, picks up some lovely positions and has pace and is a silky dribbler, we really need to watch him getting in the space between the midfield and defence.

More of the same from Edouard needed.

1 Like

Jesus I didnā€™t realize things were so bad.

Huh?

Eduard is class. A very well rounded striker.

Is he? Thought he was over hyped tbh. Stats arenā€™t great either.