The Prestigious Europa League 2019/2020 thread

Elhamed has been quite good in fairness. Bauer hasnā€™t been bad either but no need to force a change there. Similarly, Ajer had a couple of lapses but has been more than decent over the medium term. Weā€™ve had enough messing about with the defence over the years without dropping a promising young defender unnecessarily.

And we simply canā€™t go with Rogic, Christie and McGregor as a central three in Europe.

I donā€™t think he was by any means poor in either game, but Bauer started in the two league games where Celtic dropped points. Elhamed has been fairly solid in the big games so Iā€™m expecting him to start. Agreed on Christie coming back in for Rogic. Apparently Mikey Johnston is back in training but not sure if heā€™ll make the bench yet.

Ah, we can. Isnā€™t that not the set up where we played our best football last season? Think it was the Leipzig win at home when McGregor, Rogic and Christie were brilliant together.

1 Like

Oh I forgot about that! Ok, we certainly can. I wouldnā€™t do it tonight though when we havenā€™t played that system in a long time. And frankly Rogic still looks way off the pace unfortunately. Thereā€™s no way he could play in that #8 role on current form.

@Cicero_Dandi is it a straightforward 3-5-2 Lazio play?

Will Celtic beat them tonight? Will they?

Yes they can play, sometimes itā€™s more of a front 3 depending on the personnel they opt to go with.

They have tended in recent years to leave SMS and Immobile out for the Europa League games so I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see them start on the bench.

I expect Immobile to play. He was only on the bench for the first game last season. He started the next 3 until they had qualified and then didnā€™t travel for the last 2.

He didnā€™t play against Cluj but did against Rennes. Iā€™m going to extrapolate forward from last seasonā€™s pattern and predict heā€™ll play in both games against Celtic.

Porto take the lead against Sevco, lovely strike.

1 Like

Sevco pull level, Buffalo Brains.

As expected, Ntcham must still be injured. Disappointed Shved didnā€™t make the bench.

I say 15 mins on Man U and Glasgow Rangers in the bookies . Not great fare. Porto goal a cracker

No Ciro

@Rocko

1 Like

Yeah Ntcham hurt his ankle.

Sinclair on the bench is a bit surprising but Shved doesnā€™t seem to be fancied yet anyway.

Inzaghi mustnā€™t have access to transfermarkt to remind him what he did last year.

I hope itā€™s just Lennon tyring to ease Shved in, heā€™s looked good from the little bits Iā€™ve seen.

The two wing backs for Lazio are very attack minded.

Bastos andā€¦?

Daily Record were reporting that Greg Taylor would be in the subs and Sinclair had been left out of the 20-man squad (weā€™d have one or two floating around outside the allowed 18 in case someone got injured or sick close to game time) yet thereā€™s Sinclair in the subs. Taylor actually hasnā€™t gotten a sniff since signing.

Jony and Lazzari.

1 Like

I thought more might be made of Taylor not getting a chance. He suffers a bit from Hayes being able to cover two positions but itā€™s still a bit strange.