The Prestigious Europa League 2019/2020 thread

[quote="scumpot, post:1077, … Rangers January signings have made some bit of an impact and will make more , Celtic’s have done fcuk all…
[/quote]

Yes . They were potentially leading the league at end 2019 and a now potentially 9 points in arrears . Some impact I guess

Time will tell if they’ve thrown away the league or not… There’s 3 points of a difference outside of their control… Anything happens to mcgregor or eduoard and celtic are in serious bother…

Lay off the old Blue Nun kid

Interesting take… You expect an attacking midfielder and a forward to shore up a defence ? Have hagi and kamberi contributed more than soro and kamela or whatever hsi name is ? Y/N

Hope you’re right…

All I know is that Rangers results , bar Europe , have been abysmal since new year . That’s really all the matters

It’s a similar situation to 2008 on the other foot. Rangers need to beat Celtic twice and Celtic to drop points in two other matches.

And win all their own matches obviously.

Another similarity is that Rangers are involved in Europe and Celtic aren’t - which is simultaneously a difference - as the team chasing this time is the one involved in Europe, not the team leading.

I think you’re right @Bisto about Hagi making more of an impact than the Celtic signings (Kamberi less so). It’s the age old problem of Celtic buying projects, some of whom come good but many languish and are then sold on. It’s frustrating to see basic mistakes at the back because most fans were demanding a first team ready centre back in January. Simunovic hasn’t been the answer and won’t be.

I don’t think the title race is over either but it would take everything to fall their way for Rangers to get back into. It would be properly game on again though if, say, the huns beat Celtic before the split and Celtic dropped points in another game before it (Livingston away on that shitty plastic pitch or something).

Livingston away is the most realistic outside of old firm before split… The old firm will be interesting as rangers have to come out and win it… Its a pity celtic aren’t good at locking up shop. They are always likely to concede in big games, Bar a goalkeeping man of match performance… Will be interesting to see when the last old firm is fixed for… Or can you tell by fact they are playing so near split? Does it become one of last fixtures after the spilt then?

The huns have become good at a kind of spoiling game, which is by nature effective against better teams. They play that hard running and pressing game and work extremely hard off the ball, and then hit teams with a quick break after recovering the ball. They’re not too pushed about having possession in this set up. But they’ve been hapless after Christmas when they’ve had to try break down lesser teams who’ve sat back. They’re also prone to losing goals themselves from hopeful punts forward.

The league usually tries to manufacture the post split schedule to avoid the derby game being the one where the title could be mathematically sealed. So it depends what the gap is after the derby in mid March really. If Celtic come through that and the gap is around 10 points then they’d likely have the derby late on after the league is won. But if the huns have got the gap back to 3 or 4 points then the derby would probably be in the first couple of games after the split.

1 Like

Nice strike by Ighalo

Lask are brutal

Good finish by Greenwood to finish the tie

Lask keeper had the -4 backed

United were 8/11 :hushed:

The boy Havertz has a lovely languid style about him

The Phil Jones Tribute Act might have given a pelanty away here.

The rapist goes the wrong way and Sevco fall behind.

Alex thinks that might not be a Sevco penalty because the arm was not in an unnatural position. It hit his back!

1 Like

Is it my imagination or is football without the crowd more honest? Seems to be less pissing and whinging and acting the shithouse in general.