The Prestigious Europa League thread 2018/2019

That was a super cross/throughball.

A bit shit that Toljan was essentially sent off for putting his hand out twice. Celtic had been playing very well with a full complement too and had created some openings. They’d also lost Garay through injury and had Coqeulin at centre back. Celtic had the majority of possession too.

Sending off naturally changed the complexion of the game. Celtic weren’t able to press as effectively, they were able to keep the ball more, move it around and push us back. I thought we were a bit ragged either side of half time, but we got our shape back and the effort was excellent throughout.

Ajer then had that brilliant chance before they scored and he really should have finished it. He played very well in the second half otherwise. Jonny Hayes was caught out for the goal but he was very good too. I also thought Brown had a big game for us. Strange that Rodgers only used two subs I felt. Bain was solid again too.

1 Like

That was a super Celtic team. It would easily have challenged for top 4 in the EPL.

Thought Celtic played well and the sending off was very harsh.

What was different tonight compared to the first leg was Celtic played with fire and belief. They simply can’t afford not to when playing the big sides, we’re a soft touch at the back and when we show teams too much respect we get killed for it.

1 Like

‘Twas very harsh alright. Rodgers was annoyed about it at full time.

Kante was like lightning there. You could see what Sarri sees in him as an attacking midfielder there.

Awful dive by Willian there.

In a week of decent free kick goals, a decent free kick goal from Ross Barkley finishes off the tie and the 1979 European cup finalists bow out.

James Horncastle in full flow here now on bt

The mullet is gas .

A European football expert is his claim .

Harston dosent look well at all
Keown outstanding

Jesus Hartson looks ok imo . The poor devil went through a lot .

The English media’s twee condescension to Celtic in Europe is gas .

James will excel now the 3 British sides are covered .

Hartsons book is a decent read . That crater on the right hand side of his scull is frightening all right. Hes a sound man id imagine

Yes horncastle comes into his own in the roundup section . The way he describes italian football politics is wonderful

You should listen to the “on the continent” podcast mate. Horncastle is in his element

You should watch yourself if you ever meet him - he has a history of getting violent with Israelis.

the other half of that exchange is still a nutcase tho

i will thanks !

Some cracking ties here.

Europa League last-16 draw in full:

Chelsea v Dynamo Kiev

Eintracht Frankfurt v Inter

Dinamo Zagreb v Benfica

Napoli v Red Bull Salzburg

Valencia v Krasnodar

Sevilla v Slavia Prague

Arsenal v Stade Rennais

Zenit St Petersburg v Villarreal