The Prestigious Europa League thread 2018/2019

What date is the final?

@anon32894817 be along any minute now to dismiss this win as a lottery victory

1 Like

Full House for Mickey Mouse

2 Likes

Hazard is a lovely fellow altogether.

Thought that was a brilliant save by Kepa for the one where he stayed in the middle

1 Like

Dubious tho

It’s @GeoffreyBoycott insists penalties are a lottery. I tend to agree with Jeff.

Hazard is the most enjoyable player in the game right now. I think he could be the best about if he took winning a bit more seriously but its probably what makes him so exciting as well.

1 Like

They are in no way a lottery. They’re an absolutely terrible way of deciding a football match though

Ah jaysus lad do it right:

2 of the top six are in the CL final
2 of the top six are in the EL final
The other 2 are in Manchester.

3 Likes

Jog on

1 Like

When I read that it made me momentarily think Manchester United had somehow made it to a European final

2 Likes

:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

Sorry pal, I’ve no idea who you are or why you’re following me around the forum

2 Likes

It’s a very weak tournament. Not a patch on the competition it was in the 70’s, 80’s and early 90’s. Woolwich have only won 6 of 18 away league games in the best league in the world this season, yet can rock up at Mickey Mouse outfits like Napoli and Valencia and walk all over them.

OGS record v champions league finalists played two, won one and drawn one. One goal scored and zero conceded. Ogs record v Europa league finalists: played 2, lost 1 and drawn 1. Scored 2 and conceded 4. Easy tell who are the stronger sides.

What’s our league record like

Must be great to have a beloved in each of the european finals. How lucky are you.

For most of the first two thirds of the season, we had the best away record in the league winning 11 of our first 13 away league games. It tailed off a bit after that once the injury crisis hit and we re-prioritised from the league to winning the European Cup.

Proceed with caution

1 Like