The Prestigous Europa League thread 2022/2023

ok
easily the best club tournammet in world football apart from the Torro Utd soccer starts tournament that i guided us to a third place finish last week

here we go- In this incredible tournament there is no first of second qualifying round , instead we go straight to a third qualifying round … yes i know it is to align the verbage with UCL and UECL that is happening simultaneously
ok - look the draw wont happen till July 18 buts its important to keep in mind nonetheless
the third qualifying round will be populated by losers from the 2nd qualifying round of UCL and also we will have 4 teams on a league path

we then go onto a final qualifying round- Hearts are already in there

on a Hearts story @Bandage and this is one for the TNH thread but i was in section 308 with my wife and son on Saturday enjoying proceedings - with a few minutes to go, the PA told us John Souttar was coming in… i heard some maniac in a scottish accent roar out behind me " ya pish basstaard cunt" and who was it but my wife’s driving instructor who is a prominent member of a NECL women’s coaching staff, from glasgow , is a huge celtic fan and was flaming drunk- we exchanged waheys and went back to our respective stations

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

It’s gameday.

Sevilla going for their 7th UEFA Cup/Europa League in 18 years. They have won all 6 of their previous finals.

Roma have Jose in their corner who has won 5 European Trophies from 5 finals, 2 UCLs, 2 UEFA Cup/Europa League and 1 Conference League.

Daje Roma.

1 Like

Jose is a great guy.

Matic is some operator.

Spinazzola has an unbelievable pair of quads.

1 Like

Anthony Taylor looks like he’s trying to do yet another Italian team again.

A cheat. His performance in the Italy Austria game at Euro 2020 was disgraceful.

3 Likes

La Joya!!!

That was quality from Mancini.

Who was the Sevilla laddie shoved off the ball there?

Did you not see the foul he just let go for the goal?

Not a foul for me but would be for a ref out to do a team

Beautiful first touch and finish

Rakatic- used be great thread

The foul Rakitic made on Cristante when he lost the ball?

Pushed aside like a rag doll. The opposite of Samson. Lost all his strength when he grew his hair.

Roma are a very big physical team.

Surely a yellow there considering the nonsense one Matic got?

1 Like

Taylor is a disgrace

1 Like

SPQR what a lovely logo on a jersey. :heart::heart:

2 Likes

Fuck you Taylor.