The Property Investment Thread

if its the 2 formers then no, if the latter proposition, then probably yes

If its Killarney and you can rent it through AirBNB to tourists then go for it. A couple of weekends will probably get you the equivalent of a months rent.

Do you actually have a notion what you’re talking about as my impression is you’re bluffing on this subject? What would a Dublin based family law court scribe know about the Munster property market??

what, so you give me enough information for me to give you my opinion, but now my opinion isnt to your liking you question my credentials?

Not at all. I was asking the question to the forum, not you. I didn’t start a thread “Calling Artfoley” to seek out your property expertise. I’m entitled to ask how you are qualified to advised on this matter. What experience have you of the Munster property market?

3 Questions.

1. Can you afford it?
  2. Do you want to live there?
  3. If a few years down the road you want to change location or trade up, would you be easily be able to sell or rent this place?

What would the yield be mate?

[QUOTE=“ProjectX, post: 1096670, member: 1742”]3 Questions.

1. Can you afford it?

2. Do you want to live there?

3. If a few years down the road you want to change location or trade up, would you be easily be able to sell or rent this place?[/QUOTE]

4. Most definitely. Can put up 20% or more of initial cost and all going well should pay it all off in few years.

5. Yes, want to live in that general area at least.

6. Would suspect i will trade up down the line all going according to plan, would expect it shouldn’t be too hard to re-sell or rent.

If you mean % of annual rental income vs cost of property i make it about 10%.

Not bad. As a general rule you should knock at least a couple of % off it for taxes, upkeep, lack of tenants etc. You also have to pay tax on the rental income. That’s just from the point of view investment wise. Living in it is a different story obviously

[QUOTE=“Tess Tickle, post: 1096691, member: 2269”]1. Most definitely. Can put up 20% or more of initial cost and all going well should pay it all off in few years.
2. Yes, want to live in that general area at least.
3. Would suspect i will trade up down the line all going according to plan, would expect it shouldn’t be too hard to re-sell or rent.[/QUOTE]

In that case, it seems to be the right thing for you to do at this time.

Go for it.

Wasn’t sure where to put this. Just saw on the news that this house on the Aran Islands was sold at auction today for €273k. Your man that bought it got a good deal, it’s a fair holiday home if you’ve a bit of loose change. Barry O’Sullivan of Dragons Den fame was the seller and he let all the proceeds go to homeless charities fair play to him.

Signing in chaps.

3 Likes

Bump

4 Likes

:sweat_smile:

Any of ye have space in the garden lads?

You’d wonder do these people all have their planning in order for such structures?