The Property Investment Thread

If hypothetically someone has 75k to invest in properrty where is the best place to invest in a rental property

Dublin
Limerick
Cork

Would the person be better buying a house are an appartment?

Would he be better getting a mortgage of equivalent value for tax purposes?

Is there any poing in getting a higher mortgage and getting a nicer property?

This isnt for me so no smarmy comments Art ,Tan,Gola or the Count

get on the ladder as quick as you can pal…just buy anywhere… the likes of Arklow, Athy and Portarlington are only a short trip from dublin by train…hidden gems of Ireland and all an investors paradise…buy as soon as possible or you´ll miss out…its all about the ladder - apartment, house,kennel, outhouse, henhouse…just buy!!

Forget the mortgage pal. Dead money.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/mobilehomes/4694751

[quote=“FingalRaven, post: 767664, member: 80”]If hypothetically someone has 75k to invest in properrty where is the best place to invest in a rental property

Dublin
Limerick
Cork

This isnt for me so no smarmy comments Art ,Tan,Gola or the Count[/quote]

:clap:

All the smart, ballsy guys are buying property right now

All the smart, ballsy guys are buying property right now[/quote]

money never sleeps…rent is dead money…

Thanks

[quote=“FingalRaven, post: 767664, member: 80”]If hypothetically someone has 75k to invest in properrty where is the best place to invest in a rental property

Dublin
Limerick
Cork

Supposedly yields of close to 10% are starting to emerge in some city centre apartments in Galway…

Saying that… the banks have until Dec 2014 to get all the shit mortgages sorted so I expect a flood of stuff the hit the market at the back end of this year which couId knock another 10% or more off prices.

Dublin
Limerick
Cork

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=714539

[QUOTE=“The Wild Colonial Bhoy, post: 767664, member: 80”]If hypothetically someone has 75k to invest in properrty where is the best place to invest in a rental property

Dublin
Limerick
Cork

This isnt for me so no smarmy comments Art ,Tan,Gola or the Count[/QUOTE]

A doer upper with a decent back garden in a leafy suburb of Dublin mate.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2636019/Breathe-Londons-skinniest-home-just-99-inches-wide-sale-450-000-Denmark-Hill.html

Southern England is gone mad, if you have dough lying around you will make a packet, I put down a deposit on 6 flats off the plans at the start of the year and they are gone up ÂŁ40k already

will you rent them out to some filthy packi families?
rip the cunts off

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 947874, member: 367”]will you rent them out to some filthy packi families?
rip the cunts off[/QUOTE]
will I fuck, I am selling them asap, nice bit of wedge made, i learned the hard way in Ireland, best part of 300k for doing fuckall, this is the greatest country in the world

Article in the SBP today - revenue clamping down on landlords not declaring rent as taxable income - apparently it’s been one of their most lucrative campaigns. Worth bearing in mind for those with rental properties

squeaky bum time for a certain hooked nose poster

1 Like

calling treatystone, sale and leaseback in france, yes or no?

Thread carefully if doing any business with the French. They are not to be trusted.

I’m thinking of purchasing an apartment, it’s small enough money and definitely a good deal for what you’re getting. It’s a place i would gladly move into and live for a few years and could upgrade then down the line all going well, whilst having that then to rent out as a second income. I have seen a similar apartment in same area up for rent recently at €750 a month so there’s a decent yield there should i go down that route. I have enough savings to put down about 20% of the cost straight up, getting a mortgage for the rest. I’m currently renting which as we all know is dead money. What am i waiting for? Or should i buy a house instead of an apartment? I should add it’s a duplex but there’s a ground floor apartment beneath it and i know nothing of the people in it.

location, location location

where is said apartment ?

[QUOTE=“artfoley, post: 1096655, member: 179”]location, location location

where is said apartment ?[/QUOTE]

I can’t be too specific as it will give the property away and i don’t want any swooping on this opportunity. It’s either in Limerick, Cork or Killarney.