The Public Transport Thread

Aidan Jones on X: “It takes YEARS to get new rolling stock. LUAS has lost capacity and workers and carers and students and elderly will be inconvenienced for years to come because of mindless violence.” / X (twitter.com)

I heard they were environmentalists who wanted diesel guzzling buses and garda cars replaced with electric models

Why are you scaremongering and posting far right disinformation in a crisis pal. The tram is not destroyed.

https://twitter.com/luas/status/1728053318696493203?s=46&t=K27wQ5SlUD1o1nD3wyFPgA

aidan jones isnt far right mate

He’s far wrong ! Why was he posting lies about burned out Luas rolling stock that had bus wheels clearly visible. We need calm.

You didn’t watch the whole video so

I stand corrected. Here’s what’s left of the burned out tram was what was in the Luas video and one carriage was burned out.

I’ll do better. We need calm.

apology accepted

so veolia has no redundancy built in, in case of a tram failing etc?

1 Like

what

it wount have any effect on capacity, if veolia, as they should, have back up plans for tram failure, crashes etc.

Art is saying it’s ok for thugs to burn out trams because they have spares.

7 Likes

I think he’s saying there won’t be a loss of capacity as there will be a spare carriage or two in a yard.

what happens if the back up have issues mate

2 Likes

then use the other back up. you have to have back up back up plans

The far right and teenage delinquents have gone a step too far now taking on urbanists.

1 Like

The Council have issued a tender for the Design Team to relocate and expand the existing facilities at Markievicz Leisure Centre to Irishtown as part of Metrolink. More progress;

1 Like

https://twitter.com/eamonryan/status/1728747262954586539?s=46&t=hy6wc4bLZMiyfotc20UniQ

1 Like

A stones throw away for the many local residents and workers in the area that use the reasonably priced facility - they’ll be over the moon with that

You think a Metro that will serve 50m riders annually should be stopped because of a gym and swimming pool?

They’ll be able to get there in minutes on the C Spine anyway.

2 Likes