The Public Transport Thread

My folks used the Thurles to Limerick one a nice bit and said it was always busy. In fairness, that’s probably not the best example as there was a stop at UL, but if any of these routes incorporate a college they will be busy

There’s a one that passes my gate and would get me to the nearest train station in 1 hour 10 mins.

I can drive there in 10 mins.

& you could cycle in 5 mins you chubster

4 Likes

Nasty post. The mask slipped there.

1 Like

The gloves come off for his lot

3 Likes

Sure what would expect from a pig but a grunt? :grin:

https://twitter.com/greenparty_ie/status/1737066555140145654

Dublin needs to make this happen.

1 Like

Eamon Ryan too busy eating his own snots.

2 Likes

Dublin needs to have better services first and then this

Free transit makes no sense.

1 Like

Its a soundbite

1 Like

I suppose this will make a bollix of the traffic the way the Fairview to Amiens Street track did.

1 Like

Can you expand on this when you get a chance. Thanks.

The meter still runs, no bother for you.

Used to think it was a good idea but reports like what @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy changed my mind.

There should be some value attached to use. Cheap (and the €2 90 mins fare is cheap) is the best way.

You can invest in the service and aren’t tied to nonsensical “free” labels.

I talked to someone recently about putting in free dinners in work. Once something is free, people become entitled and they stop caring about how things are funded.

2 Likes

Modernising and maintaining expensive rolling stock and buses becomes very expensive when public transport is free you’d imagine, as would funding the biennial pay raises for drivers, mechanics, fitters, ticket inspectors etc. Any possibility of introducing a Transit Police or increasing security on public transport would also go out the window.

3 Likes

Some interesting discussions on this amongst the urbanist community