The Race for a Vaccine. The Road to Demaskus

Does the moderna require a double jab and cold storage?

Both the Moderna and the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccines require two shots: a priming dose, followed by a booster shot. The interval between Moderna doses is 28 days; for the Pfizer vaccine, itā€™s 21 days.

Refrigeration Storage: After thawing, to facilitate storage at points of administration, Moderna expects that mRNA-1273 will remain stable at standard refrigerated conditions of 2Ā° to 8Ā°C (36Ā° to 46Ā°F) for up to 30 days within the 6-month shelf life.Nov

3 Likes

Itā€™s not like they were ever going to reject it.

Have AZ even applied for their EU licence yet?

They hadnā€™t applied as of Wednesday of last week.

Thatā€™s positive.

Slaphead was on the radio earlier and when asked why the two designated nursing homes that were to get vaccinated in Dublin today, didnā€™t, he kept just saying he ā€˜couldnā€™t speak to themā€™ and instead reverted to boasting about the ā€˜accelerationā€™ in Vaccinations.
He sounds like a hasnā€™t a fucking clue whats going on in other words

1 Like

UK boffins now saying the vaccines may not work on this Seth Effrican variant.

Iā€™ve never heard of Curevac one before now, but it has ā€œcureā€ in the name so it must be good, and it looks we are due a lot of it.

2 Likes

of course the South African one is a bastard

Healy Rae will have a few thousand in an old HB freezer beside the wibbly wobbly wonders

1 Like

:open_mouth::open_mouth:

Why are we getting 14m vaccines for a country of 5m people. Even allowing for the two dose effect of most of them.

I assueme we need a backup plan if for example the Oxford one didnā€™t get EMA approval.

If we have a few left over then Iā€™ll buy a few and Bang can raffle them off cc @Julio_Geordio

2 Likes

Iā€™d imagine thereā€™s a freezer company somewhere (run by a family member of a politician) who would like to rent out storage for them?

It could just end up like the flu jab.

The Sanofi stuff is all political, the French have a right laugh at the rest of the EU really.

@Tim_Riggins @Tierneevin1979 @EstebanSexface what do you make of this?

Ordering just in case like.

iā€™d put that down in the pinch of salt category for now mate. Donā€™t worry about it

1 Like

My under my bed here with a bottle of whiskey, a gun and my ante post slips For Cheltenham

1 Like