The ref in this camogie game

Go for it pal we may as well keep the likes amongst our own. Criticising womens sport is serious likebait around here

2 Likes

Not really. Maybe the very best teams skill level is good but the majority of camogie games have an absolute load of rucks so being strong is more beneficial than in hockey

They donā€™t.
Rucks going by our stats mirror or are just less than the menā€™s game.

And there is plenty skill in rucks

The question was why are camogie players bigger than hockey players, the answer is because strength is more important in camogie than hockey. The comparison isnā€™t between hurling and camogie

1 Like

But sure thats 2 different sports in terms of rucks.

You spuriously picked rucks to back up your point but are wrong.

There is contact in hockey and there is rucks they are just far more technical.

Comparing hockey internationals to club camogie players is bizarre though (you did say outside the best teams most were not skillful).

Hockey has alot more movement in it. They get more ā€œplaysā€ and short Accelerations in a shorter period of time in hockey. They run more.

But they are extremely strong and Hocker players are bigger. Hockey girls have huge legs and hips compared to most camogie players.

Camogie is now at a running stage of its evolution. The fittest and fastest wins. Alot of teams playing a running game. Next stage over next few years is they start spreading the ball around a bit better. A bit like Cork last year.

Hockey players are both Aerobically fitter and stronger, even at club level. Its not even close. Hockey Club level s&c scores out did the Cork Camogie team for instance. That has alot to do with the game itself though.

The international team train pretty professionally. Only teams I know in camogie within an asses roar of their levels of commitment are Cork & KK.
Approx 4-6 hurling sessions a week and 2-3 S&C.
At periods the Hockey girls would do 6 sessions in a weekend on top if 4-6 during the week.

3 Likes

Yes they are two different sports and you just said it yourself there that rucks in hockey are far more technical.

I was using the Tipp camogie game yesterday as an example when I said outside the best teams, not club camogie. Iā€™ll defer to your superior knowledge on the rest

They are still rucks and they require strength to protect with your hips.

You said camogie was all rucks no skill outside best teams - not at all true.
And is the menā€™s game less skillful because it has more rucks?

You said camogie players are stronger than hockey players - not at all true

You saw one game and made a very broad generalisation based on very little

1 Like

No I didnā€™t

I said bigger not stronger

There was 2 games on yesterday on the tellybox and both of those games had teams with ladies who were as wide as they were tall.

Iā€™d say you need a new tv kid.

7 Likes

No international hockey players generally bigger too.

They are just leaner so you may see them as smaller

Ooooft.

This camogie wouldnā€™t be a bad watch if they got rid of the dropping the hurley. Like watching 30 Gillanes around the place

Take that Aislinn

Tipp lowering the blade, 4th yellow for them.

An ounce of breeding and all thatā€¦

Champagne hurling from Tipp there

The standard of inter county camogie has gone through the roof in recent years

1 Like

In the last game tipp had a blondie half forward who was doing wreck. The ref blew her up for everything, including taking a full frontal shoulder whilst she was soloing, which he decided was charging. Had a reasonably sized unit on frees who was very good. They played some lovely hurling.

Club game starting to mirror it now.

I watched a few boys games recently before and after our own games witH club team i am with. And only one winner in what was better to watcH

1 Like