The Regulator (state employee) v Sean Quinn (bankrupt businessman) + Anglo Irish (state bankrupt ban

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.rte.ie/amp/1040151/

Great news

What’s the summary of the settlement?
Will the state see a penny from them ?

Just read the headline and upfront detail, no idea really.

Lots of people in professional services who put up with a lot of shit from them will be very happy this morning.

I’d say a few tabs will be open in The Legal Eagle around lunchtime. I might head up

We all partied.

2 Likes

A ‘stay’ has been put on execution of the judgement that each of them owe €88m.

So, no.

Can they now go after the assets moved overseas?

Don’t know to be honest.

They are already untangling that web.
I think they recently took control of an office block in India. They reckon the office generated $36m in rent since it was moved from the Quinns to a Middle Eastern based company in 2011. They’ve no idea where that money has gone.

All hail John Delaney

1 Like

I’d hazard a reasonable guess myself

2 Likes

IBRC have agreed not to bankrupt them if they stop acting the cunts and tell them where the assets and money are hidden basically

Some of it anyway.
What a great country. Tis like telling an armed robber you won’t send him to jail if he gives a bit of the money back. These cunts should be jailed, every single family member, until the assets are recovered in their entirety.
It stinks to high heaven.

5 Likes

Hon Tom :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Article (probably can’t)doesn’t give much info
Wonder what the story is

There is a few examples of weirdly high odds from quinn bet on the degenerate tread over the last 12 months…

Correct , they were offering 15/1 on the draw in the cork v Kilkenny hurling semi final while all the high street bookies were 10/1 across the board

1 Like

Quinnbet were being used exclusively by Sean juniors friends during cheltenham in a few speakeasys in dublin. The prices were a notable feature

1 Like