The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

Maybe he was put off by the fact that there was no one in the stand he was aiming at, I dunno. It’s a pretty big stand though.

I remember Ronan O’Gara doing the same in an autumn international TEST MATCH against the All Blacks in Lansdowne in around 2005 (some time between 2004 and 2008 anyway). It wasn’t a pivotal moment as Ireland were getting destroyed. It was the game where one of the NZ lock forwards took on and beat the Irish winger for pace and scored a try in the corner. Yer man never played for Ireland again afaik. He was a jobbing winger for Munster and Shannon. Anthony something or other? cc @Heyyoubehindthebushes, @gilgamboa @LionelRitchie.

Anthony Steyn? Von Blix maybe?

I’ve had to google.

It was Anthony Horgan.

He was Cork Con, not Shannon.

The second row didn’t skin him for a try, he chased him down in a (foot) race.

A litany of errors on my part.

Here’s the clip. Read the you tube comments.

One Sunday paper gave Horgan 0/10 and another gave him 2/10 and said a clock had better hands.

Kidney was lambasted for selecting him.

2 Likes

Actually there was one instance today in the second half where Stander while in possession went straight for the welsh man . There was huge impact to both men there .

Surely this is the kind of thing that those looking at safety in the game must address .

Lovely.

5 Likes

The player ratings on the42 are always good for a chuckle any day Ireland lose, with all sorts of flexibility shown to put a positive spin on things. They didn’t disappoint today either, determining that Peter O’Mahony and 2 late subs weren’t on long enough to be rated. The fact he wasn’t on long enough because he got an idiotic red card didn’t seem to make any difference.

2 Likes
2 Likes

4 Likes

You should reply to her and say he tried to kick himself for the mistake but he missed the target.

ROFL.

3 Likes

Billy got two caps today. His first and last.

2 Likes

It was hilarious. He was trying to kick the ball out over the sideline but instead he fonged it out over the end line into the empty stand. :rofl:
A dog with a mallet up his arse would have made a better fist of it.

4 Likes

Sexton missed touch with a penalty about 10 minutes earlier

1 Like

Surely the sending off is worse and the blame should go to o’mahoney

7 Likes

The Super West Brits were raging as he was born on the mainland.

POM was beyond stupid today

3 Likes

Any clip of that kick doing the rounds? Rubby is the gift that keeps on giving… A utter dog shit of a game dressed up as sport.

I think there’s enough blame to go round here.

1 Like

Billy will bounce back from this, no lad really in a better position to do so. His brother who played international rugby for England, and his brother who played international rugby for Cyprus, will both have gone through similar and know what he needs to do to put it all behind him.

I was chatting to a lad there this evening, possibly my brother who was incensed that the Welch lad who knocked himself out when clashing heads with our lad didn’t get a red card, and was even more vexed when I said it was an accidental incident. He thought it worse than the chicken wing scandal. Couldn’t see it myself, but I didn’t argue much as it was late and we were tired **

**I was/am hungover and will be like an utter mug until Tuesday.