The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

To be honest the teams look poorly prepared .

The GAA championship was very similar last year . It was largely poor fare in both codes

Representative teams operating outside a club bubble finding it hard

Rugby could well be a largely amateur sport in a decade and might well be all the better for that .

1 Like

whats he saying?

“Hello good citizen, I am Batman. You could be my assistant. Would you like that? Would you like to ride with Batman?”

9 Likes

:grinning: :grinning:

Was this not because he was out of it completely? He couldn’t have been giving out to anyone in particular. When he got to the sideline he was mouthing again to to nobody in particular. Did he get stuck on the default setting with the bang?

“I have to go”

1 Like

Lads on about the hype around rugby are living in the past. What hype has there been bout this Irish rugby team? I think it’s pretty much accepted that they’ve been shite in recent years and are rebuilding.

Typical TFK raging against an imagined narrative. Some lads think they are still living in the Celtic tiger years.

2 Likes

It’s a narrative created on here. Ireland are very poor. 7 or 8 lads playing yesterday that are either past it or not good enough.

1 Like

Agree . Hype almost non existent . People see sport as a great distraction at the weekends to break monotony but little or no hype .

The current Irish team are very limited and did ok yesterday . At a push 3 or 4 of them would make the 2009 Team

Yeah, a middling team but they have the potential to come good soon. The coverage of the six Nations generally seems quite muted. I don’t know where fellas are seeing “hype”. Rugby was painful for hype previously but it’s hard to see any now.

Yerra it was always only a social thing. Take away the beer and there’s little interest.

And its not a case of no talent coming behind them. We have some cracking young players in this country

I actually thought yesterday’s game was a decent watch.

1 Like

Twas one of the worst efforts I ever saw… Not sure if you spotted it at the time but James Lowe walked right up alongside him as he was kicking it not sure what he was doing… Looked like he was talking to him as well… Bizarre

Lowe was shocking for the second try. No need to bite there. Feel sorry for burns terrible mistake and unfortunate that it happened at an important moment

1 Like

Lowe is an odd one. Can’t defend that well which is never exposed with Leinster and isn’t all that quick. A poor combination for a winger! He is a great finisher when he gets a sniff alright

He was caught rapid for the LRZ try alright… V poor error… Furlong corner flagging and Lowe watching him

The burns family have history with this sort of stuff. If Lowe was as good as people make out he’d have been capped for New Zealand. Very average defender.

1 Like

Darren Sweetnam destroyed Lowe for pace vs the NZ Maori.

1 Like