The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

Furlong did a better job but to bite in when you had numbers and touchline with you. Hes electric going forward but you can’t defend like that at international level. Keenan had a few good reads from what I watched yesterday. Delighted hes fitting in well at this level

1 Like

Sure he played hurling for cork no wonder he did

Yeah it was pathetic defending

Keenan was excellent

1 Like

Can’t really say I feel overly sorry for Burns. The whole England underage career and his brothers playing for Cyprus and England rankles a bit. Ross or Harry Byrne would be a better alternative in my opinion.

3 Likes

Agreed would have little sympathy

Ross Byrne seems to be written off for one (very) poor performance in Twickenham when Ireland were hammered up front.

Harry Byrne is a great prospect but he needs to at least pass the brother out before he is considered surely

1 Like

Why had carty been jettisoned?

Harry byrne is a cracking player. I saw him play for lansdowne was very impressive. Himself and Ben healy will be battling for the 10 shirt

1 Like

Not sure really. Kicking isn’t all that consistent but I think he is a great player… Probably more prone to a brainfart than the Byrnes

He’s a good stretch ahead of Healy if say. He is a big unit too

1 Like

In the current climate we’re unlikely to see a summer tour that the likes of H Byrne, Healy, Baird, Wycherly, Casey, Balacoune, Hume etc need to stake a claim.

At the moment he has 2 years on him if I’m correct

They are both 21. Byrne more experience alright

They say when you get concussed you naturally revert to your most base and true form/personality. Would explain that clip

These younger players are already better than a lot of regulars in the ireland squad. 2 years experience for these guys for the world cup

Didnt think they were same age. Byrne is way ahead

Fall guy for the Japan game I’d imagine.

1 Like

Didn’t fill himself with glory for first either rewatching it on rte tonight.

2 Likes

Ideally yeah, but there in an effective IRFU diktat that the Six Nations games are win at all costs which fosters conservatism.

Byrne was starting 10 with Casey in the U20s and got injured after few games in six nations… Healy came in and closed out the grand slam

Byrne missed the JWC

1 Like

Ireland need to completely stop thinking and talking about world cup cycles. Ireland rugby is utterly shit at world cups and timing world cup cycles. Talking about it from there years out is complete nonsense. It should be removed from thought, it does them no good.

2 Likes