The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

Given Mahonys foolish red card, the team played well in fairness overall, battled fairly well - especially likes of Henshaw.

Your man Burns, the little I know about him other than a quick google search tells you two things. He wanted to play for England and his brother is also a gobshite who made a haims of a game playing for Bath in the pints European cup dropping a ball acting the gobshite instead of scoring a try.

Have the IRFU no proper backup to Sexton?

Its looking like a decade of wooden spoon for them other than Italy are there even though the lineout and scrum was better yesterday.

The club game neglect for schools etc I think may now come home to roost. Limerick club rugby from what I hear is not producing any Munster academy players maybe one every year just.about.

They’ll have to look at it.

Mark McCall😅

1 Like

Poor ol Johnny, Schmidt really made shite of him :frowning_face:

Rhyss Ruddock to put in another decent showing, and then be fucked back into the Leinster reserves yet again. A very odd career.

Murray out.

For those keeping count, there is now 5 non Irish starting on the Irish Rugby team.

3 Likes

You gotta start Murray if burns is starting. Well unless you want to lose your job.

Murray was an injury doubt

Hamstring strain

1 Like

Missed that. Very poor team. If the French are in the mood they’ll be hammered.

Young Casey will be thrown in for his debut like a lamb to the slaughter when 20 points down around the 60 minute mark.

Hard to believe Ireland were the no.1 team in the world and favourites for the WC only a couple of years ago… Are they ranked in the top 5 now?

I’m all for welcoming foreign additions to Irish team if they’re good (Patrick Bamford, Rice, Grealish, Lowe and Stander) but I can’t understand shoehorning a Burns and Gibson Park combination into the team. It’s no better and perhaps worse then a Murray/Byrne, Casey/Byrne combination.

Era we could get hammered at the weekend. Might be better to let two fellas with no future take the hammering.

At least its not in Paris where many Irish rookie backs met their end.

Casey has chutzpah. Wouldn’t worry about him even if the team ship a beating.

2 Likes

Must be a record

Jaysus I thought that Burns lad would never be left near a field in an Ireland jersey again.

It’s an absolutely mad decision to pick him. Imagine being his teammate, you’d clearly want the other guy to be picked.

He actually kind of looks like Sexton with more hair

Is Ross Byrne injured or what the fuck is going on, has that Burns chap being flying it for Ulster @gilgamboa

And against the best player on the planet right now