The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

He had been ultra critical if their winning performances under schmidt, now he’s lauding their losses. Reminds me of some posts I’ve seen here. He hates winners.

Fuck Schmidt

That last two minutes when Ireland couldn’t kick the ball really exposed how badly the team are going forward.

Henderson sounded out of his head there.

Positives - set piece, great games from porter Henderson Earls and the centres. Ruddock justified hes inclusion. Ross Byrne has nailed himself in as 2nd choice.

Negatives- one dimensional attack, players like JGP and Lowe shouldn’t be at this level, Casey deserved a chance. Burns also found out.

1 Like

ROG doesn’t take prisoners

Joe Molloy is an idiot

1 Like

Poor team selection particularly the half back pairing scuppered any chance of an Ireland win. Much stronger team finished the match than started it.

Andy Farrell is not head coach material.

1 Like

Although a 2 point game was closer than most were predicting, I saw very little to be positive about going forward to be honest.

France will be very strong by the time their home World Cup comes around

How did Ireland go from no.1 in the world and WC favourites to complete dross in just 2 years?

Cut him off rather let him off. You can see it in ROGs face

Patriots, Liverpool???

2 Likes

Have Ireland a rake of injuries?

His interviews are very underwhelming - I think you could be right.

Assistant manager/ coach maybe his level, hard to know.

Rog talking in riddles here

I don’t know much about rugby but some might say that they were missing their three best players today

That’s what I’m asking. They must be down s rake of players.

Ireland’s best days in the 2014-18 years were largely premised on the control exerted by the half back pairing of Murray and Sexton. Both were out injured today, but both are the wrong side of 30 and well past their peak.

It was a game enough effort from the Irish pack today without their injured talisman James Ryan. Ireland were lost behind the scrum though. Gibson-Park and Burns were just awful.

2 Likes

Yes they were missing five key players.

1 Like

I don’t think Murray or Sexton are two of their best players anymore

Sexton would have kicked that penalty Burns missed in the first half in fairness.

Burns shouldnt be near the team.

O’Gara said before the game on VM that he doesnt even take the penalties with his club.